BrooksyX

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:58 PM

Hey if you guys wanna help speed up the progress of freestyle dash you should go to Helldocs blog and donate a few bucks. He is just trying to raise enough money to buy an XDK so the team can properly debug the dash.

Here is the link to his blog:
http://helldoc.blogspot.com/

#32 modslave

modslave

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Everything xbox<br />Motorbikes &amp; Cars
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:26 PM

How much does an XDK go for these days? Can you do no debugging at all on a JTAG?

Anything to speed up 2.0 being released can only be a good thing!

I am amazed at the task the FSD team have taken on and how well they are doing, but im worried it'll be AGES before they have that many changes implemented

#33 BrooksyX

BrooksyX

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE(modslave @ Apr 27 2010, 03:26 PM) View Post

How much does an XDK go for these days? Can you do no debugging at all on a JTAG?

Anything to speed up 2.0 being released can only be a good thing!

I am amazed at the task the FSD team have taken on and how well they are doing, but im worried it'll be AGES before they have that many changes implemented

I have no idea what the going rate is but from what ive seen 850 sounds about right.

I agree that they seem to want to add so many features that it may be a couple months still before we see another release. I am hoping that if they do get an SDK it will greatly speed up the process. Thats why everyone should at least donate like $5, I dont think thats asking to much.

#34 xmugen360

xmugen360

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:27 AM

honestly I am still having a blast with freestyle 1.20 so let thie team take their time. As far as xbmc I think that was a revolutionary step of software for consoles and I feel in many ways that the xbox 360 dashboard is a direct (albeit limited) response to it. Does anyone remember the green screens on XB1? With that said I feel that considering JTAG software is a relatively new thing the progress on Freestlye has been excellant. Yes there were bugs and problems at first what new soft doesnt have some? Yeah he is going alot at a time instead of stable with frequent minor updates...who cares I think he said it is his hobby..such a talented person good for him let him do it his way..at least he shares with the world instead of trolling it away...

#35 GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE(xmugen360 @ Apr 27 2010, 08:27 PM) View Post

honestly I am still having a blast with freestyle 1.20 so let thie team take their time. As far as xbmc I think that was a revolutionary step of software for consoles and I feel in many ways that the xbox 360 dashboard is a direct (albeit limited) response to it. Does anyone remember the green screens on XB1? With that said I feel that considering JTAG software is a relatively new thing the progress on Freestlye has been excellant. Yes there were bugs and problems at first what new soft doesnt have some? Yeah he is going alot at a time instead of stable with frequent minor updates...who cares I think he said it is his hobby..such a talented person good for him let him do it his way..at least he shares with the world instead of trolling it away...

Let's not forget that it is a group of people working on it, not just one person...

#36 viper8695

viper8695

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE(FrostyWolf @ Apr 23 2010, 09:05 PM) View Post

There are some features that would be really awesome if implemented.

1) USB Media Support. Right now with FSD1.2, if I'm on the latest 9199 dash update, I can use one HDD (16gb for profiles etc, the rest for FSD, games, etc) and it works fine. It would be cool tho if when you connect via FTP if you could browse the 16gb and add and remove stuff. As it stands now, you can only do this buy connecting the HDD to a PC and opening it with something like XTAF.

2) Since the xbox will be going on the internet for box art, etc, why not take it a step further and let it get title updates? There are plently of databases out there

Thats an awesome idea...

#37 Icekiller2k6

Icekiller2k6

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:13 AM

QUOTE(FrostyWolf @ Apr 24 2010, 04:05 AM) View Post

There are some features that would be really awesome if implemented.

1) USB Media Support. Right now with FSD1.2, if I'm on the latest 9199 dash update, I can use one HDD (16gb for profiles etc, the rest for FSD, games, etc) and it works fine. It would be cool tho if when you connect via FTP if you could browse the 16gb and add and remove stuff. As it stands now, you can only do this buy connecting the HDD to a PC and opening it with something like XTAF.

XexMenu has an FTP server you can ftp to your box with user & pass xbox and then browe && do stuff on all connected drives..

#38 modslave

modslave

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Everything xbox<br />Motorbikes &amp; Cars

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:13 PM

According to the SVN Log the basic video player and RSS are working smile.gif

Its projects like this that make me enjoy messing with my 360 almost as much as XBMC did on my original xbox

#39 ][UNREAL][

][UNREAL][

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:37 AM

It only remains have support SRT subtitles! love.gif

#40 dschu012

dschu012

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE(Icekiller2k6 @ Apr 28 2010, 08:13 AM) View Post

XexMenu has an FTP server you can ftp to your box with user & pass xbox and then browe && do stuff on all connected drives..

Yeah but I think he means explore the new 9199 USB formatted drives. Can xexmenu explore those?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users