Face000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:a little bit of everything!
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:10 PM

I have a soft modded xbox it has a 250Gig hard-drive in it. Before I had to move I copied a few of the games that my little boy like to ply on my computers hard-drive and then sent them to storage. There are quite a few games on the xbox that he doesn't play and I would like to remove so that I can put the back-up's in. I can FTP into the xbox but am a little hesitant to add or remove anything because I have never done it before. Can some one detail me How I can do this?

Thanks

#2 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:54 AM

find the folder your games are stored in and ftp in and just delete the folder to the game you want removed. Like if the games are in E:\games and the game you want to remove is sonic then go to e:\games and delete the sonic folder. The easiest way to install the games to the hdd is to put in the original and either use unleashx or dvd2xbox and copy the game to the folder your games are stored in

#3 Face000

Face000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:35 AM

Thanks SteveO, If I'm FTPing a new game in do I place the ISO in a folder and name the name folder whatever the game is?

#4 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:02 AM

how did you create the iso? if you created it you should know how to put it back on the xbox

#5 Face000

Face000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:44 AM

It was created with xbox back-up creator. So how does creating a back-up with that utility detail how to import it into the xbox?

#6 maciver6969

maciver6969

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:34 AM

I understand it can be a pain, my 1st xbox was premodded for me and the modder took all my retail games and placed them on an external hdd for storage. I only had 5 games so we decided to add an old 20gb hdd to my xbox. Later I added a larger drive and the modder wasnt around anymore. So I had several .ISO files and no idea on how to get them on the hdd. I do not know how the files were extracted and now 2 moves later I have no idea where my original disks are. In my case I opened the ISO files in poweriso and extracted the contents into a folder named after the iso, then I FTP'd into the games folder and copied it all over. In most cases this worked for me. SWKOTOR2 is glitchy now but I read that I need to edit a ini now for it... Now, MY question is, yes I know I can ftp all this over, dig thru my storage for my disks or burn the iso to disk to get them on my xbox, BUT is there another way to use a program to read/patch/copy the files to the xbox?, since my ISO files are not in a typical xbox format they arent read in the iso managers for xbox that I have tried...

#7 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:36 AM

Qwix will extract xbox ISO's to a folder and I believe xiso can do this as well. Both great apps but I prefer Qwix tho as xISO was not available in english last time I used it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users