• Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:55 PM

Team Jungle: 'Samsung iXtreme LT on the way' and Key Vertification Routines
Posted by XanTium | April 22 10:55 EST | News Category: Xbox360

Team Jungle posted an update on their twitter page:

Sammy Lt on the way, no ETA. JF Team adding our key vertification routines

More details about the key vertification routines was posted on their forums:

Recently, c4eva contacted us with a proposal for a key verification procedure.

Basically, with known key to hand you can check it against a connected drive. These procedures have always been been there, but now we can use them to our advantage. They are clearly visible in C4eva's live logs.

OK.... So we messed with the routines for a few hours as per C4eva's instructions and with a bit of to-ing and fro-ing, we got them to work.

As for a known key, you should have them in your database.
So we are adding a couple of routines.

1. Simply bang every key you have at the drive until it hits the right one.... Simples! It does a hundred keys in a couple of seconds.... Brutal, but effective.
2. Lite-on have a unique identifier in their Inquiry. So, on a port refresh, a lite-on can be readily identified and the key returned and verified - Uber Cool -
3. So we are adding an index to the KeyDB against the drive barcode, to take advantage of 2 above. KeyDB refreshes will also update existing entries..

The team are testing an bashing around ideas on what to do once you have the key...

Official Site: http://www.jungleflasher.net | http://twitter.com/TeamJungle

#2 some11

some11

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:26 PM

Sorry for being a n00b. but I dont get it.
What does this mean to me?!

#3 Mcegan

Mcegan

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE(some11 @ Apr 22 2010, 10:26 AM) View Post

Sorry for being a n00b. but I dont get it.
What does this mean to me?!

If you have noticed, everytime you get a key from a drive, JF says "Storing key in DB" or something like that. I think it's a separate file either in your app data or in the JF directory on your computer.

But anyway, it sounds like this is 2 fold.

First (for lite-ons at least), they talk about verifying the key against the bar code. So that means that there's no longer any guessing about whether or not you get the right key before erasing the drive. You don't have to pull out an old drive, put it on there, and test to make sure that you really do have the right key. It will just say "This key matches this drive" or something like that.

The other thing it sounds like is...imagine you have lost the original files created when you dump the key (The OFW or the lite on dummy dumps). Even though you have lost the files, you should still have the key on your computer in the JF database. Their new findings will allow them to try every key you have saved in your DB until it finds the right one. Pretty cool I guess.

It can also be used for simplification. Lets say you just want to upgrade your drive to a newer firmware version. Upon querying the drive, it sounds like JF will be smart enough to load the right key and data for you automatically from the DB without you needing to manually get the firmware off the drive again, or loading your old dump files.

Thats what I got from it anyway...feel free to correct

#4 lonedeath

lonedeath

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:08 PM

I don't suppose this will help those of us that flashed our liteons with the "bad key"?

#5 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,808 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE(lonedeath @ Apr 22 2010, 12:08 PM) View Post

I don't suppose this will help those of us that flashed our liteons with the "bad key"?

No not unless you had already dumped the proper key at some point before erasing the drive.

#6 lonedeath

lonedeath

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Apr 22 2010, 05:10 PM) View Post

No not unless you had already dumped the proper key at some point before erasing the drive.

afraid not. Oh well!

Still an interesting development.

#7 xboxdawg

xboxdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:49 PM

Great idea!

I thought at first though that it meant if you had lost the key it would try keys in some sequence till it found one that worked. Of course this would require access to the motherboard.

Kind of like one of those password crackers that tries millions of combinations, lol.

#8 lonedeath

lonedeath

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE(xboxdawg @ Apr 22 2010, 05:49 PM) View Post

Great idea!

I thought at first though that it meant if you had lost the key it would try keys in some sequence till it found one that worked. Of course this would require access to the motherboard.

Kind of like one of those password crackers that tries millions of combinations, lol.

Exactly as I thought at first too. smile.gif

#9 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:38 PM

Great thinking. Im sure this will help plenty of people.

#10 rulevoid_

rulevoid_

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:39 PM

I flashed so many LiteOns with LT 1.0 and then had to go back and update to 1.1 and i forgot to archive 3 of the drives keys so i had to MRA hack them since they were 7 series Liteons initially so it was like modifying a fresh drive just to update. This would have save me a good hour or two.

#11 Lush

Lush

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:48 PM

nice to see that the sammy users aren't being left out... hitachi, the future looks bleak...

#12 Anarchy99

Anarchy99

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(Lush @ Apr 22 2010, 06:48 PM) View Post

nice to see that the sammy users aren't being left out... hitachi, the future looks bleak...

i hope hitachi come out shortly after this
it sucks i have a unbanned one i want to update i hate being neglected because of that stupid drive

#13 saleem_hacks_360s

saleem_hacks_360s

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:47 PM

so why are the team banging around with ideas of what to do once you have the key

The team are testing an bashing around ideas on what to do once you have the key...

if you know what you are doing you back up your drive info far away as possible from your pc ie:you use a usb storage device/cd etc.junglewflasher database is there,you can back that up,dont realy see any use for it bar having it for backup purpose for those stiupid enough not to have backed the info up,sounds more like what other people are saying to me,like they are going to throw random keys at the drive and see if it matchs to get lost key drives working.just dosnt make sense to me.

if you lose the key you dont deserve to go near the drive in the first place and attempt the hack.

dry.gif

#14 m4verick

m4verick

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:51 PM

Can't wait to flash my Samsung with iXtreme LT! smile.gif

#15 iateshaggy

iateshaggy