reptileink

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:20 PM

In overconfidence and anger, I deleted my Evox dashboard completely with all games, xbmc, and dvdcopy sad.gif

I thought: "no problem, I'll just download Slayer and re-install it myself"

Problem:

My Xbox will now not FTP to my laptop(through FlashFXP).

Also

My laptop won't recognize the .ISO file I need to burn

does someone have a boot disc available, or can someone send me the files I need??

Please help! I wanted to use this for my arcade cabinet! sad.gif

To answer a question: I bought it off Craigslist, so I don't know if it's soft modded or chipped...

Edited by reptileink, 22 April 2010 - 07:23 PM.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:22 PM

Hmmm.

It's the dashboard that supports FTP. Delete the dash = no FTP.

If the Xbox was softmodded with an old softmod then it probably isn't modded anymore, and Slayers won't help at all. If it was a new softmod with shadow C then you might be in luck.

While it's too late now, you should always have a working boot disc before making any changes to a working modded Xbox....... and if it's softmodded that boot disc shouldn't be Slayers - it's designed for chipped and flashed Xboxes...... and you shouldn't do anything to any Xbox until you've worked out if it's softmodded, flashed or chipped.

When you say "My laptop won't recognize the .ISO file I need to burn", what do you mean? What are you burning with, what error message is your laptop giving you? Try downloading Frosty's Recue Disc and burning that to DVD-R using DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 at 4x or slower.

Finally, for now:

What colour was the LED before you deleted the dash?
What colour is it now?
What can you see on the screen when you boot? What is the error number?

#3 reptileink

reptileink

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:33 PM

I deleted the evox ini files.

I was trying to add roms to it, and kept messing with the rom path until I couldn't remember the orignal path, so I couldn't access any roms.

I think it's softmodded, as there are no "extra switches" on the box which would deem it chipped

I am not at home, but my laptop basically said "can not process ISO file" or something like that. I was trying to unzip it.

I'd be using Nero to burn.

I downloaded Frostys and going to try it later(Hopefully)

I have no use for the box other than for my arcade cabinet. If I mess it up, so be it. I paid $25 for it off Craigslist, so not a big loss..

What colour was the LED before you deleted the dash? Dunno
What colour is it now? Dunno
What can you see on the screen when you boot? What is the error number? It boots to the Xbox dash

Edited by reptileink, 22 April 2010 - 09:35 PM.

#4 reptileink

reptileink

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:28 AM

ok, so I succesfully burned Frosty's iso disc, loaded it in the xbox, and now I can't FTP??

It says the IP is 0.0.0.0

I go into settings, change the IP, scroll down to exit, and it erases the IP! mad.gif

There is no "save and exit"

Also, I have no clue what to do with the partitions, do I lock the hard drive, do I unlock the hard drive??

HELP!

#5 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:04 AM

How is xbox networked? Frosty's expects an IP address assigned by DHCP. If network doesn't work, use qwix to inject the needed files into the xiso and use dvd2xbox as a file explorer to copy files over.

#6 reptileink

reptileink

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:38 AM

Well, I got them to connect via XBMC, however, whenever I take Frostys disc out to reboot, the box doesn't want to get past the XBOX screen.

Do I need to move anything from Frosty's disc to the box itself for it to "take"??

I am able to access all emus, roms, games, DVD2Copy, and Xbmc through the disc, but I obviously don't want to have to rely on the disc all the time as it's a pain to navigate through everything...

what I am I missing?

#7 GISJason

GISJason

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Hacking anything w/ a TSOP....<br /><br />Modems, Xboxs, 360s, Etc.....
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 April 2010 - 05:07 AM

Just ftp back into your xbox and replace the EvoX dash folder, and EvoX or at least put a dashboard of your choice in the place of it. I'm not sure what this xbox was setup with as you haven't mentioned it either but certainly it's looking for a dashboard to boot but just cannot since you deleted it. If I were you I'd just grab XboxHDM and setup the harddrive from scratch and reapply the softmod * Preferred softmod of mine is Krazyie's Ndure 1.1 which you can obtain from Xbins and setup as long as you have one of the following 3 games, Spilter Cell or Mech Assualt or Agent Under Fire 007.... But ensure the games are of the right version that can be used to run the expiolt. There are some versions that've been fixed to not allow this to occur. If you need a setup like that just let me know I actually have several copies of the Exploitable Spilter Cell game!

#8 reptileink

reptileink

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:22 AM

It was originally set up with Evox..

I downloaded the xbmc "shortcut" to replace the Evox.xbe or whatever it's called. I think I put the wrong thing in the files though.

It was getting late, so I quit last night before messing up anything.

I want to just use XBMC as a dashboard.

I have no clue how to softmod or anything, I bought this unit already done from Craigslist, and I am already over my head with the supposedly simple things...lol I don't own any of those games, although they are burned on the harddrive, could that work?

#9 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:07 PM

At this stage you don't need xboxhdm, or an exploitable game. Your Xbox is booting Frosty's Rescue disc, so it is still modded, and you still don't know it it's softmodded or flashed, although softmodded is more likely.

There are lots of possible next steps, but the easiest is to enable DHCP on your network, then use Frosty's and FTP to replace the files you deleted. You can then FTP BIOS checker across, and run it to see which BIOS your Xbox is running, which will allow you to work out if the Xbox is flashed or softmodded.

#10 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:20 PM

Is XBMC's ftp working? Navigate and launch XBMC with DVD2xbox. See if network settings are sticky via XBMC if you can't get DHCP to work, use a crossover Ethernet cable.

#11 reptileink

reptileink

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:34 PM

Do I really need to know if it's flashed or modded??

Please be aware that I am a total NOOB, so I need to be "baby stepped" through this(sorry, but you have to learn somewhere, right? )

How do I add the files that are missing?? I am lost at that part. When I FTP, all the Evox.ini files are still there, etc......I just don't know what I am supposed to do with them..

Anyway, I can FTP through XBMC, but the problem is, I think it's only running through Frosty's disc.

Once the disc is removed, I get nothing.

Last night from Wikipedia of all places, I was able to download the XBMC "shortcut" used to replace the default.xbe so it is supposed to load XBMC. When I reboot however, it stays on the XBox screen with Evo X in the top left corner. There is also something that reads "OPENDXHC" or something under the xbox logo...I don't remember.

Did this process:

http://wiki.xbmc.org...g_XBMC_for_Xbox (option 1)

I think I messed up a part of it though, so I plan to attack it this weekend (friggen work)

It started getting late, and I was afraid I'd screw something up, so I just shut it down.

I mean, this is going in my arcade cabinet, and I could technically just get it to the XBMC using the disc all the time. All the emulators work great, all roms are there, so I am hesitant to mess with it further. However, I also don't want to waste the Xbox's potential, and would like to be able to add more roms and stuff.....also, it doesn't seem to save any favorites lists or settings after shutting it down either, so that would be kind of a pain....

Edited by reptileink, 24 April 2010 - 02:36 PM.

#12 GISJason

GISJason

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Hacking anything w/ a TSOP....<br /><br />Modems, Xboxs, 360s, Etc.....

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:43 PM

No not really needed to know if it's softmodded or not... But handy to know so you know what to stay away from down the road but really you can make do by simply replacing the EvoX folder that was deleted and then just throwing the dashboard of your choice into that folder it should work like that as long as the .xbe is renamed to match up with what the .xbe was named in that folder before you deleted it, no need for shortcuts etc.. Just throw the dash files into that folder and get it over with. Should work as is unless you deleted the softmod itself.

#13 reptileink

reptileink

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

The only things I deleted were the

Evox.ini

and

Evox.xbe

(ORIGNALLY, THAT IS)

I don't see a folder for the dash though?????

With the above article, I renamed the XBMC shortcut to default.xbe and replaced it with the Evox default.xbe, but still didn't boot up

Edited by reptileink, 24 April 2010 - 03:05 PM.

#14 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:38 PM

name the shortcut evox.xbe NOT default.xbe

#15 reptileink

reptileink

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE(xman954 @ Apr 24 2010, 10:38 AM) View Post

name the shortcut evox.xbe NOT default.xbe

This part kind of confused me

Create a text file on your computer with the same name as your renamed Shortcut XBE, except with the extension .cfg instead of .xbe (i.e. evoxdash.cfg) and put the path to the installed XBMC\default.xbe inside it (eg. E:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe)

In their example(eg), they don't show the .cfg file in that path?? Are they saying to replace:

E:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe

to

E:\Apps\XBMC\default.cfg ????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users