• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dirtysouth_boy

dirtysouth_boy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:34 AM

I'm trying to do a softmod with my original Xbox and I basically know how to do it from all the tutorials I've read but I'm having one single issue every time I get to one point. When I go to load the save Run Linux save I always get a black screen with it after I click it to load. I've used multiple ones too and I always get the same result.

My kernal is 1.00.5101.01
dash is 1.00.5960.01

I'm using an original copy of MA and it's not the special edition one. I've been using a AR to transfer the saves and I'm wondering maybe if it could be the problem. I've seen tutorials on youtube and it only takes 3 minutes. I would appreciate any help.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:10 AM

Have you checked to make sure you have an exploitable version of the game?

Have you deleted any other MA gamesaves from the Xbox, so you only have the softmod MA gamesave on there?

Also, make sure you use Krayzie 1.1.1 as your softmod installer.

#3 dirtysouth_boy

dirtysouth_boy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:40 AM

Yea, I checked the version and it was the right one and I used Krayzie's softmod installer. I also deleted the saves that where on there before I tried the softmod installer. I noticed tho that when I deleted the original saves everytime I start it back up with the exploit the default mechwarrior gets automatically put back there somehow.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:28 AM

Hmmm. In no particular order:

Try using Xplorer360 beta 6 to copy the gamesave instead of AR.
Try a different memory stick.
Copy the gamesave to the Xbox, delete it from the MU, copy it back from the Xbox to the MU, then copy it back onto your PC, and check it against the original to make sure it hasn't been corrupted in the process.

#5 dirtysouth_boy

dirtysouth_boy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:51 PM

I finally got it working. I used the tutorial here http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=627099 and it worked perfectly. The AR memory card must have been corrupting the save.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users