1 reply to this topic

#1 St0ked56

St0ked56

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:15 PM

I am unsure of exactly the correct way to set up my home wireless network. As of right now and for about a year now its been set up like this. In my basement is the cable modem connected to a Belkin router (This router only covers the basement). So for me to get wireless internet upstairs I ran a cable upstairs to a netgear router so I could cover the upstairs with wireless internet. I have never had lag issues when it has come to games. What I noticed was when I try to play netflix off my ps3 upstairs I can't ever seem to get HD quality. My signal is 100% and I did a test and I get a download speed of 6.6 Mbs and an upload speed of 2.2 Mbs. Also my NAT is set to type 2. If I try the netflix downstairs on my brother PS3 I get HD no problem. My question is there a better way to set up my Wireless network throughout my house rather then going through 2 routers, so I can get HD on netflix upstairs.

Thanks,
St0ked56

#2 stepeters

stepeters

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Xbox/360/DVD Reviewer(www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk)/West Bromwich Albion(Football-NOT soccer!!)/Metallica
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:18 PM

i'm pretty sure 6 ~ 7 Mbps will not be fast enough to stream netflix content.

what speed router(s) are you using? 802.11g (54Mbps) or 802.11n (>200Mbps)?

tbh, for streaming purposes, i'd use cable over wireless anyway... much more
robust and stable.

Ste

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users