• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 openupyourmind

openupyourmind

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:54 PM

there is a stupid fuck you should hunt down and kick his ass he has a rental service for memory cards with your autoinstaller most likely not with your permission just wanna give you the heads up pop.gif (sit and waits for the fight to begin) just google it or look up the youtube video with the stoopid fuck that talks about it. if i was you i would have my cut of the share ok kick his ass

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:05 PM

But that's how free / open source software works. The software is free, but anyone can charge for services based around the software. In this case the service is the rental and postage of the memory card and the exploitable game.......

#3 openupyourmind

openupyourmind

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

but what about the way sksapps does things with the send in memory card deal i have krazies ndure i use to mod every body i come across for free what kind of crap is that open source is better when everybody works together look at ubuntu lurk.gif

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:10 PM

Ubuntu is free software, but the support model involves lots of commercial companies like Canonical who charge for their services. You can download, install and use Ubuntu yourself absolutely free, but if you want support, or media, or printed documentation, you pay for it. What SKSApps is doing is exactly the same - they are charging for a service. I also mod original Xboxes for free, but if people want to pay SKSapps to copy the gamesave onto a memory card then that's their choice - it's a service SKSapps can reasonably charge for, in the same way that Canonical charge for Ubuntu CDs. They aren't charging for the software, but for the service of putting the software onto a medium and shipping it to you.

BTW, in the spirit of open source, here's a handful of free full stops so you can punctuate your next post.

smile.gif

Edited by Heimdall, 23 April 2010 - 04:15 PM.

#5 openupyourmind

openupyourmind

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:21 PM

your a idiot find out what sks apps is before you start talking about them charging for anything free mcboot and everything is free there their memory card exploit program has volunteers to do it for you for FREE im a long time LINUX user and im using Ubuntu now the only thing you got right was about linux iamwithstupid.gif muhaha.gif

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:36 PM

It's Friday, and the weekend is nearly here - just relax a little and stop getting wound up about someone charging for a service that uses some open source software.

I'm not an idiot - you just aren't explaining yourself very well. It doesn't matter who is charging for the service, my logic is entirely correct - you can charge for services based on free / open source software, you just can't charge for the software itself.

Try using some of the free full stops next time, and maybe adding some Capital Letters and apostrophes in the appropriate places. As a "long time LINUX user" I'd have thought you might have cared more about syntax and grammar - most linux shells are quite particular about such things.......

smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users