tyldd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:54 PM

i made the drive with xboxhdm2.1 (with complete backups of C&E drives, and eeprom made with the final evoxdash from my 1.6 xbox). but i couldn't lock the hd (frozen drive and i couldn't save any changes in the bios) and that's why i finally managed to try this on another computer where i could change the bios hd stuff and locked the drive using unlockx under msdos7.1 with a "XboxHDKey" generated by aforementioned final evoxdash. <.< worlds longest and gramatically most uncorrect sentence ever smile.gif

what in the hddinfo.txt (from the C\backup\hddinfo.txt made with evox backup) file is the pw that i'm supposed to enter in any of the hdlock tools

CODE
Disk Serial Number : "*******            "
Disk Model Number  : "ST310014A                               "
HDD Key            : xx
HDDLockDisablePassword xx
XboxHDKey xx {<-- i read somewhere that it's this one and locked the new drive with it..}

Edited by tyldd, 24 April 2010 - 10:57 PM.

#2 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:01 AM

Read this

CODE

A stock Xbox requires  a lock on the installed HDD as part of the security system put in place by Microsoft. The HDD password is based on the HDD's model number, serial number and a key stored in the EEPROM.

Edited by ldotsfan, 25 April 2010 - 02:02 AM.

#3 tyldd

tyldd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Apr 25 2010, 03:01 AM) View Post

Read this

CODE

A stock Xbox requires  a lock on the installed HDD as part of the security system put in place by Microsoft. The HDD password is based on the HDD's model number, serial number and a key stored in the EEPROM.

thanks for the quick reply ldotsfan.
i've tried with liveinfo but it doesn't recognise my xboxhdm-made drive
IPB Image
for some reason i can't boot any of the xbhdm distros on this "better" w7 machine. the screen just turns black after a while..

this is what i got with hdtool:
IPB Image

and here's a screen from xplorer360:
IPB Image

Edited by tyldd, 25 April 2010 - 03:39 AM.

#4 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:10 AM

CODE

Security frozen: yes

You won't be able to lock the hdd successfully from Windows.

You can try locking it with MHDD and FreeDOS. http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=4631133

You may have to bypass frozen bios with http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=1861147

CODE

q: My bios is now fully up to date and finally I have a new IDE option. I can set the hdd to boot or non-boot. Could non-boot help with bypassing the xboxhdd frozen state?

a: Maybe. I dont see how trying it could hurt. You can always reboot and revert your settings. Once bootet run detectpm to display the status of the drive.

An observation on my PC (Compaq) was that before I found that I could bypass the freeze lock by disabling auto-detection, I could switch the drive to primary slave and it would boot without setting freeze lock. For locking this is OK since we dont need to access the fatx filesystem. Using the linux locking tools for this you need to run the actual locking tool manually (lockhd is a script wrapped around the actual locking tool for user-friendlyness). If on primary slave run :

Or alternatively connecting hdd after PC has booted. http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=4669512
CODE

2. hit pause break on PC before auto detection bootup

Edited by ldotsfan, 25 April 2010 - 04:16 AM.

#5 tyldd

tyldd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Apr 25 2010, 05:10 AM) View Post

CODE

Security frozen: yes

You won't be able to lock the hdd successfully from Windows.

You can try locking it with MHDD and FreeDOS. http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=4631133

You may have to bypass frozen bios with http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=1861147

CODE

q: My bios is now fully up to date and finally I have a new IDE option. I can set the hdd to boot or non-boot. Could non-boot help with bypassing the xboxhdd frozen state?

a: Maybe. I dont see how trying it could hurt. You can always reboot and revert your settings. Once bootet run detectpm to display the status of the drive.

An observation on my PC (Compaq) was that before I found that I could bypass the freeze lock by disabling auto-detection, I could switch the drive to primary slave and it would boot without setting freeze lock. For locking this is OK since we dont need to access the fatx filesystem. Using the linux locking tools for this you need to run the actual locking tool manually (lockhd is a script wrapped around the actual locking tool for user-friendlyness). If on primary slave run :

Or alternatively connecting hdd after PC has booted. http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=4669512
CODE

2. hit pause break on PC before auto detection bootup

ah but the problem (now that i've made myself a DOS-on-USB flash) is the the pw used to lock the drive. i've tried with two values from hddinfo.txt and they both ended in error06. i'll try connecting the hdd after boot though and see what happens..

#6 tyldd

tyldd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:26 PM

ok. connecting hdd after boot with bios hd settings set to "not installed" (=same as autodetection off) i get device not ready in hdunlock and IPB Image in hdtool..

#7 tyldd

tyldd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:31 AM

i've tried booting xboxhdm2.1 on this machine and whaddaya know tongue.gif another fail:
IPB Image

#8 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:33 PM

Did you bypass virtual eeprom when you executed EvoX for the eeprom backup? That could explain the error 6.

HeXEn disc or chimp finally. You just need the locking portion and not the hdd preparation.

#9 tyldd

tyldd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Apr 26 2010, 03:33 PM) View Post

Did you bypass virtual eeprom when you executed EvoX for the eeprom backup? That could explain the error 6.

HeXEn disc or chimp finally. You just need the locking portion and not the hdd preparation.

Exactly but how do i successfully do that?
"Bypass virtual eeprom", you mean if the eeprom.bin i have is a "fake" replacement made by EvoX?
If so, then i don't know.. i got the smiley face in EvoX so i guess everything should be fine it.

Edited by tyldd, 27 April 2010 - 10:36 AM.

#10 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:09 PM

Cold-boot with Frosty's rescue disc to bypass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users