Photo

Am I The Only One Who Wants A Good Media Player?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 maru487

maru487

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:56 PM

I have been running in circles trying to get the best method for watching BR, HD, DTS, etc movies.

Streaming converter = LAME
Converting to WMV = LAME
Running LINUX to run an elf32 file = VERY LAME

Is it because everyone is satisfied with mediocrity? Why is there nothing that is as good and easy to use as XBMC ???

1. The options are pretty lame. TVersity, PS3 Media Player, DIVX plus with Media Center ALL LAME! Because they use the host computer power, you are relying on whatever power the computer has to give. If you have a lame computer or are running some renderings, etc the stream SUCKS!

Why in the f%^$ would you not want to use the XBOX360 for the processing!!!!???? Its sitting there, doing NOTHING except popping up the ALREADY converted movie. Running at 20% of its full processing. WHY WHY WHY????

2. How about having to figure out this free60.org so you can run CED2911?? What the hell ?? A bunch more crap on top of the crap

3. Is converting the MKV or whatever format you have acceptable too??? What total BS! You download, unrar, maybe unrar again... then convert too?? What a bent and weird homebrew world we live in!

Look at all the useless homebrew apps people have made for the 360, not one capable programmer could make an xex? That you just run like XexMenu or any other normal homebrew.

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TOO????????

#2 BulldogPO

BulldogPO

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:49 PM

You are not alone tongue.gif
MS could easily make player for all known formats if they´d like.

XBMC for X360 would be dream come true and then I could sell my HTPC away.

#3 LetsDoDamage

LetsDoDamage

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:52 PM

I believe Ski-ller is working on a port of mplayer if that meets your needs. But unless you're willing to contribute code and work towards making one, stop crying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users