• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 zefrench

zefrench

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:43 AM

Opengl for xbox sounds like a lot of homebrew could be ported. Good luck and thanks for the efforts!

#17 freakdave

freakdave

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:PROGRAMMING,XBOX...
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:44 PM

Are you still working on it ?
How about giving us a short status update ?

Thanks and keep up the good work !

#18 hcf

hcf

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:51 PM

I am with freakdave: thank you very much, and keep up the good work!! It would be awesome to have this in our Xbox!! rolleyes.gif

#19 halofreak1990

halofreak1990

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:09 PM

It's been a while since I last posted any update on XFX, so here I am.

There is still a lot that needs to be done on the graphics part of XFX, mainly handling textures and getting some sort of visual output other than OpenXDK's debugprint.

I've been commenting out several hundreds of lines of code in the libraries that verified the correctness of arguments passed to functions, and threw exceptions if the arguments didn't match expected values. The downside of trying to throw exceptions in OpenXDK is that there is zero library support, and test builds of OpenXDK apps linking to my libraries are riddled with unresolved references, linking to _abort and various pthread functions. Commenting these check out gets rid of the errors and let me actually test the XFX codebase.

Thread::Sleep is verified to work, and I copied the code used by it into the XSleep function, making it thread-safe. I'll be spending the next few days testing some other code in libmscorlib and get it into a working state.
libXFX will be next on the list. I'll be re-testing what I've written so far, and see if I can improve things while I'm at it.

I'd also like to request some outside help; maintaining these libraries on my own is a lot of work, and I'd really like some insights in dealing with texture (memory) management in relation to pbKit, so I can put the SpriteBatch class to use.

#20 K3thunder

K3thunder

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:48 PM

A couple questions.

Any update?
Do you need help with this project?
If so, let me know I'll see what i can do as I look forward to seeing an opengl homebrew xna kit being that the potential for such an application as this would revolutionize not just my work but thousands of other developers out there.

I've been watching you.

#21 hcf

hcf

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE(K3thunder @ Jan 12 2012, 11:48 PM) View Post

A couple questions.

Any update?
Do you need help with this project?
If so, let me know I'll see what i can do as I look forward to seeing an opengl homebrew xna kit being that the potential for such an application as this would revolutionize not just my work but thousands of other developers out there.
I've been watching you.

I subscribe K3thunder words. It would be awesome, and it would open the door to many new ports and developments for the Xbox smile.gif

#22 ABuNeNe

ABuNeNe

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

I'm a Java developer professional and know shell scripting. I've just resurrected my old Xbox and connected to my 32" LCD TV. Let me know if I can be any help.

#23 halofreak1990

halofreak1990

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:58 PM

Hmmm. I seem to be running into limitiations imposed by the OpenXDK crt.
static const class instances are not initialized on startup like they should.
This due to the xbe's not containing .ctors and .dtors sections and lack of handling of those sections in
CODE
WinMainCRTStartup()

Now it would be trivial to add the required code, but without the required sections...

Now this I don't understand; OpenXDK seems to use the standard linker script for compiles,
so why aren't the .ctors and .dtors sections added when using C++ code?

In order to properly support C++, these sections need to be added, and properly manipulated in the
CODE
WinMainCRTStartup()
function in openxdk.c

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users