#16 Kikutaro

Kikutaro

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE(Pulsemasta @ May 10 2010, 01:13 PM) View Post

I had save states from the non-Madmab version that I couldn't get working, but I figured it was for that reason. I haven't tried to save state with the new version and then rename and then load.

Yeah same with old xport saves. The weird thing is that alot of load states actually load the saved game but it will stay on screen for a second and then go back to playing what was playing.

#17 DarthMingus

DarthMingus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:14 PM

Hello,

Just noticed another pixel perfect thing that is off for GB/GBC. Native res is 160x144, so the PP for this should be 320x288. I test it and it looks great.

Again, another awesome emu update.

Thanks!

#18 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE(DarthMingus @ May 22 2010, 04:14 PM) View Post

Hello,

Just noticed another pixel perfect thing that is off for GB/GBC. Native res is 160x144, so the PP for this should be 320x288. I test it and it looks great.

Again, another awesome emu update.

Thanks!
True but since there is more screen space available I expanded it out by a factor of 3 than the usual 2. Does it look wrong at *3?

#19 DarthMingus

DarthMingus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:17 AM

Ya, it did to me. Since I run the emus through an Emotia unit to get 240P (not really necessary for portables) it makes it very obvious when the pixels are off.

#20 DarthMingus

DarthMingus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:00 AM

Hi Madmab,

I noticed one little issue with the skin. (I think) When the resolution is set to 1080i, any XMV movies, such as the intro play too large and are positioned off the screen. Pretty much, you can only see the center-most, top 50% of the movie. This happens when you try to play a movie with the media browser as well.

I'm setting up the emus at 1080i, so I'll let you know if I find this is an issue in the other emulators as well.

Thanks again

EDIT: This seems to happen with all the released emus. Let me know if you need my help testing.

Edited by DarthMingus, 01 June 2010 - 02:13 AM.

#21 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:03 AM

1080i ohmy.gif
wow, that's pushing it, is it not.
This is probably gonna cause multiple problems.

Good luck smile.gif

Note 2:
Hey someone should make a cheat datebase for these gameboys!

Edited by Mega Man (?), 01 June 2010 - 09:05 AM.

#22 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:46 PM

Yeah that's on the long list of things to do related to cheat codes.

It's a little different in that GB/GBC and GBA had different cheat systems. But I would like to have it incorporated a little more into the interface and not part of the "in-game options" like x-port is currently doing it.

#23 DarthMingus

DarthMingus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:55 PM

Hmmm, I haven't had any issues. What problems did you think it would cause? Could you elaborate?

My TV's native resolution is 1080i, so it makes sense. Also, 1080i is basically 540p with interlacing. 720p is a higher resolution since it doesn't use any interlacing.

Am I the only person using 1080i? biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Mega Man (?) @ Jun 1 2010, 04:03 AM) View Post

1080i ohmy.gif
wow, that's pushing it, is it not.
This is probably gonna cause multiple problems.

Good luck smile.gif

Note 2:
Hey someone should make a cheat datebase for these gameboys!

#24 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:03 AM

Well you saw my reply in the irc chat that a few of the emu's don't like 1080i so much.

But anyways I'll look into this when I get a chance.

#25 DarthMingus

DarthMingus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:46 PM

OK, sounds good. I'll let you know if I run into any problems. However, I think the affected emulators are mostly the computer ones that I don't really use.

Maybe for those that have issues a warning could be next to that option or pop-up when 1080i is selected? For instance:

"1080i has been known to impact performance. Would you like to proceed?"

I'd rather see that than: "are you really, really, super sure you want to select this video option, really? positive?" That seems to come up for all the hi-res settings. Actually, maybe this could be removed from the emus entirely? I think at this point, people know the difference between 480i, 720p, etc more so than in 2003.

Thanks again!

#26 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:18 PM

Does that warning really pop up when you use those settings...? laugh.gif

I was just thinking more along the lines of memory issues and having it possibly buckle in some places.
I think if you are determined about using 1080i, then you will be madmab's best tester to identify any possible issues.

Good luck guys. smile.gif

#27 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE(DarthMingus @ May 31 2010, 09:00 PM) View Post

Hi Madmab,

I noticed one little issue with the skin. (I think) When the resolution is set to 1080i, any XMV movies, such as the intro play too large and are positioned off the screen. Pretty much, you can only see the center-most, top 50% of the movie. This happens when you try to play a movie with the media browser as well.

I'm setting up the emus at 1080i, so I'll let you know if I find this is an issue in the other emulators as well.

Thanks again

EDIT: This seems to happen with all the released emus. Let me know if you need my help testing.
Which skin and skin configuration are you using? I don't see the problem showing up at all on my xbox.

#28 DarthMingus

DarthMingus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:15 PM

I'm using the default Dynamic skin by Gilou9999. The configuration I use is big box art | big movie.

These seems to happen across the board on every emulate that is set to 1080i.

Let me know if you need any other info from me and thank you for taking the time to look into this!

#29 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE(DarthMingus @ Jun 13 2010, 01:15 PM) View Post

I'm using the default Dynamic skin by Gilou9999. The configuration I use is big box art | big movie.

These seems to happen across the board on every emulate that is set to 1080i.

Let me know if you need any other info from me and thank you for taking the time to look into this!
My bad Darth Mingus.. I was thinking the movie previews in the file browser..

Yes for some reason the xmv helper doesn't play a movie full screen properly in 1080i. I'll have to look into this more because I really didn't think someone would be insane enough to try to go full blown 1080i.. laugh.gif

In the meantime.. try setting it to "play movie at original size either with black background or synopsis background". Just press left/right on the dpad to switch between the three options in the media browser.

#30 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:13 AM

Alright I did a work around for this rather odd bug with the xmvhelper library. So future builds will have the fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users