• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Robbie686

Robbie686

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:38 PM

Hey guys, i have had my xbox for just over year. I hacked the drive with 1.6 firmware back then and has always been fine playing normal and copies. About the last 3 weeks it has decided not to play copies at all, it plays normal games absaloutly fine. this morning i put the LT 1.1 firmware on it to see if it would sort it out but still does the same. i put in the game and it makes noise like its trying to read it but then goes to open tray. iv even tried the activate.iso but still nothing. I though it might be the laser but surely if it was the laser it wouldnt play normal games either?
Any help would be very much appreciated

#2 shivadow

shivadow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:56 PM

One thing that must always be remembered, 360 drives are not designed to read copies. The drives are prone to wear when using copies. The copies are not the correct weight, do not reflect light as good and are not balanced as good as originals.

Over time this seems to 'damage' the drive, although the drive is not actually damaged. Two things I have noticed are 1: the laser wears out quicker, and 2: the spindle (disc motor) wears out quicker/loses grip. The 2nd being the most common of the two.

There are quick fixes to your problem but the only solution is to replace the drive with a new one.

#3 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:01 PM

I agree with most of what shivadow said but most almost all of the time i can fix this by replacing the laser.
What i think happens is that the laser gets less sensitve and because burned disks are not as reflective as retail they are the first to stop working once the laser starts to wear out.

Changing the laser in the lite-on is very easy so i would give that a try if i were you.

#4 Robbie686

Robbie686

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:16 PM

I have an old xbox which a friend of mine let me have when he messed up putting the hacked firmware on it, its a hitachi drive would the laser from that be ok in my liteon drive?

#5 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE(Robbie686 @ May 2 2010, 10:16 AM) View Post

I have an old xbox which a friend of mine let me have when he messed up putting the hacked firmware on it, its a hitachi drive would the laser from that be ok in my liteon drive?

Nope, Hitachi and Samsung lasers are interchangable and Ben-Q and Lite-on lasers are interchangable.

You should send the hitachi drive board off to me. I can probably get the drive key from it and then you could fix his box with a new drive. I assume it still boots up to the dashboard right?

PM me if you would like more info about my Key recovery service.

#6 outlaw4020

outlaw4020

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:19 PM

nm

Edited by outlaw4020, 31 May 2010 - 07:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users