are these temps normal?

#2 xmugen360

xmugen360

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:16 AM

unfortunately no my friend well for microsoft design yes lol but you dont want a cpu reaching such high temps i would set ur fanspeed to 100% and i also would think about removing and replacing heatsinks to a higher revision and replacing the thermal paste with arctic silver...I would also suggest installing additional fans...eventually that xbox will freeze/rrod...

I bet this is a XENON?

unfortunately no my friend well for microsoft design yes lol but you dont want a cpu reaching such high temps i would set ur fanspeed to 100% and i also would think about removing and replacing heatsinks to a higher revision and replacing the thermal paste with arctic silver...I would also suggest installing additional fans...eventually that xbox will freeze/rrod...

I bet this is a XENON?

#3 franz-rüber

franz-rüber

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:33 AM

thanks for the help my friend
yea its a xenon lol. i just went again over the rrod fix, polished the chips and sink so they look like stock.

is my fix work is sloppy, shud temps normally be much lower after a good xenon rrod fix or is this just xenon?

#4 franz-rüber

franz-rüber

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:11 AM

well the heatsinks definitely takes.

looking at 100%
cpu 53c gpu 45c edr 44c mb 20c

been trying with 80
cpu 56 gpu 49 ed 47 mb 21

all in xexmenu immediately after playing burnout. watcha think? can i escape the rrod?

#5 xmugen360

xmugen360

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:24 PM

i am curious did you replace the heatsinks or just clean them and apply artic silver? those are good temps now somewhere in the range of my xenon I myself am still struggling to get the cpu cooler am brainstorming ideas as to how to do that...one thing i can tell you is dont waste time on fan shroud mod it does practically nothing but as you can see setting the fan speed to constant as opposed to auto is def helping you...

while the rrod is less likely to happen in both our cases i still feel our cpu needs to be cooler i have spent waaay to much time studying this and here is my thoughts...

what is really happening is that gpu heat causes the cpu side to get hot...also the way the shroud is shaped the raising of the fan speed cools the gpu cause that is what hogs most of the air the cpu needs more cool air otherwise that side of the board will eventually pop up causing broken connections and the dreaded ring of death...Sooo we need to work out a way to get cpu cooler...my idea was mount a fan in front of it...

All in all my 360 jtag was freezing and rrod all over the place i replaced the heatsinks to higher revisions placed thermal pads on bottom of motherboard over ram chips rplaced the metal case xclamps and fan and appliad artic silver set fan speed to 100% no xclamp removal and got right around ur temps I would tell you thst since this I have been happily playing for two weeks no issues but I am still concerned about cpu temp....but if you want to just move on and game all should go well now...

these things are so crappily designed and manufactured imho...

#6 franz-rüber

franz-rüber

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:01 AM

Be curious no more.

Simply did>

*Basic RRod clamp fix. wich means 8x machine screws and nylon washer, 16x metal washers. No heatsink upgrade. no case mod to set the machine screws

*No arctic silver. Had some thermal paste lying around wich i used.

*at stock speed cpu was around 80c. i still can't believe it to be right, but i vent over the sink placement and 'twas still the same.

*tried and trued with 70 fan speed. desibel was reasonably acceptable but after gta session garbage started seeping on screen. changed to 100 immediately.

I'd like to give thanks to you xmugen and all else who helped me out with the jtagging and setting up the software on my xbox, couldn't have done it without you. Many thanks

happy.gif

#7 johnyblackout

johnyblackout

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:36 AM

I did exactly what you guys did, I even removed the dvd drive. I put two 12v fans on the top (one over the cpu and gpu heatsink.) I even cut out a rectangular hole in the chassis underneath the cpu and gpu. My question is do you think adding a fan underneath the case (where I cut the hole in the chassis), would cool the cpu down? Obviously I don't care about the noise factor and I'm powering the fans directly from the PSU.

Edited by johnyblackout, 10 May 2010 - 07:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users