Photo

Xm360 Version 1.9 (only For Those Who Donated, For Now)

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

#1 node21

node21

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:53 PM

* If you love XM360, please donate via paypal: xm360donate@gmail.com

CODE

(For those who donated, for now)
Version 1.9 -- Sep 6th, 2010

* Fixed mass ftp transfers freezing
* Fixed size display of GOD titles
* Added ability to push GOD titles
* Added ability to delete LOCAL and REMOTE GOD titles
* Fixed DLC scene being off by 1 pixel
* Fixed Game Saves scene being off by 1 pixel
* Added display of path to bottom of game saves scene
* Fixed gamesave dates in server (sometimes read wrong date)
* Added auto-update from server (previous only handled xm360.xex, now will fetch media directory as well)

CODE

Version 1.8d -- Aug 7th, 2010

* After "ATHiEST" leaked version 1.7b, I stopped work on xm360, except to support people who had donated.  I'm releasing 1.8d to get everyone out there caught up to what has changed since then.  Any future work on XM360 will once again go to people who donated first.  
* Due to a request, after unlocking XBLA, you no longer have to do a full re-scan for content
* FTP is much faster thanks to the FSD team teaching me to assign threads to a CPU, go DONATE TO FSD PLEASE!
* Because xm360_server became the only way to update the database, and it doesn't work on linux.  I've gone back to including the perl scrapers (but they are still not as good as xm360_server)

CODE

Version 1.8c -- Jul 15th, 2010

* A suggestion from a donater: The first scene now has the ability to seperate GOD from XBLA (use RB to toggle)
* The server will now wait for you to hit enter after scraping XBLA or DLC
* The server has a new command line option (/Q) to tell it *not* to wait for enter after scraping.  Use this if you automatically scrape every night via a scheduled task, or something like that.

CODE

Version 1.8b -- Jun 27th, 2010

* A request was made to include the DLC filename for missing DLC in the DLC_report.txt

CODE

Version 1.8 -- Jun 27th, 2010

* Fixed fact that you couldn't sort by ratings or raters in the collection manager
* Fixed new scraper (1.7b) getting ratings wrong. I made a change to the file format that breaks compatibility with old xbla_titles.csv, so make sure you are not using an old version of the file.
* Fixed initial scan crashing the 360 if there was no existing content.bin file.
* xm360_server is now aware of the last time xbla_titles.csv and dlc_titles.csv were generated. Every 360 that connects to xm360_server will *automatically* update the xbla_titles.csv and dlc_titles.csv on that 360. Furthermore, you can regenerate, or replace those files without stopping xm360_server from running. So, I leave the server running all the time, 24/7. I have scheduled a /X and a /D every night at midnight as well. It's all invisible without any hands on maintenance. Basically, this feature means you shouldn't ever have to worry about moving these files to your 360 anymore. On the server, these files should be in the same place as content.bin.
* Also, if you put an xm360.xex in that same directory, xm360 will *also* update itself if the version there is newer than the version that is running. It will automatically restart if this happens. This is a moot feature though, unfortunately.

CODE
Version 1.7b -- Jun 19th, 2010
* Fix DLC where multiple DLCs are actually contained in the same file.  They will now display properly, get transfered properly, and get deleted properly.
* Fix ignored DLC not being remembered between session.  I broke this a couple of versions back, I think.
* Changed code so that if you have multiple files queued up, it will only transfer one at a time.  Three at a time was cool, but one at a time is faster.
* Removed the "new unlock" that was in 1.7 until I can get a handle on why it didn't always work.  May be re-introduced later.
* Finally, and maybe most interestingly, the old perl scripts for scraping DLC and XBLA content have been rewritten in C++, and are now included as features of xm360_server.exe

Usage: XM360server.exe /? - list options
       XM360server.exe /D - update or create dlc_titles.csv in the current directory and exit
       XM360server.exe /X - update or create xbla_titles.csv in the current directory and exit
       XM360server.exe /L {locale} - optionally specify the locale (defaults to en-US).  Only useful before /D or /X
       XM360server.exe /U {URL} - optionally specify the URL (defaults to catalog.xboxlive.com).  Only useful before /D or /X
       XM360server.exe - with no parameters runs the server (doesn't exit)

Sample:
XM360server.exe /X  (update XBLA_titles.csv and exit)
XM360server.exe /U catalog.xboxlive.com /L en-US /D (update DLC_titles.csv and exit, URL and Locale specifically overridden)

* One of the key features of this is that it is no longer silent while running.  It will keep you updated on what it is working on.  Sometimes the MS server takes a long time
*   to respond, so it's best to just be patient.
*   Also, the first line of the generated CSV file is now the date that it was run on.  This allows *subsequent* runs to only UPDATE the content that MS says has changed.  This
*   saves CONSIDERABLE time.  XM360 has been modified to accept CSV file either with the date, or without...so old CSV files (or ones generated by the perl scripts) will not break
*   XM360...however, that's only true of version 1.7b and above...anything earlier will choke on a CSV file with a date at the top.

CODE

Version 1.7-- Jun 12th, 2010  (Now released without password for non-donators)

* Add support for remote transfers to the Title Updates and DLC scenes
* xm360 server now also scans for content in \360dashit\Content on hdd1:, usb0:, usb1:, and usb2:
* When repairing DLC filenames, dlc_rename_report.txt is generated in the DLC_REPORT directory. Reminder: You should remember to "rescan all" after a successful "repair" of filenames.
* All scenes now support MASS copying. You get either "GET" everything, "PUT" everything, or "BOTH". In all cases, this will affect only the titles that are shown by the current filter.
** In other words, if you are on the DLC scene, and the <ALL> title is selected, then **ALL** DLC will be sync'd, if Guitar Hero is selected, the only Guitar Hero DLC will be sync'd.
* New values are written when unlocking content. The first four slots are always written to be FF FF FF FF FF FF, FF FF FF FF, and then swapping between 00 00 00 00 and 00 00 00 01.
** This is said to be more universal. I suggest backing up content and trying it out.

**** NOTE: This new unlock code has been removed in 1.7b, so, it's best not to rely on it in 1.7.

CODE

Version 1.6b-- May 30th, 2010

* Because Usb Memory Units (using the new NXE dash) store Title Updates in a seperate partition, I had to add support for a new partition.
* Backups and restores of TUs that are on the USB Memory Unit end up using a Cache2 directory in that same new partition
* XM360server was updated to support defining a path for this new partition (see xm360server.cfg for details), but it's useless for now since xm360 still doesn't support remote TUs
* A request was made to indicate the number of title updates found in cache2 seperately from the regular title updates.
  Both the initial scan, and the status at the bottom of the screen now show the count of "backup" title updates in parens after the regular count

CODE

Version 1.6-- May 29th, 2010

* Xm360 now includes a server component (xm360_server) that runs on the PC.  Find it in the "server" directory of the archive.
* Be sure to define hdd1: in xm360server.cfg before using it.
* This server component when running, allows you to connect to it as if it is another 360 from within xm360.  This allows you to centralize you content on a PC on your network.
* Unlike a regular 360, the server component automatically keeps its content.bin up-to-date when things are pushed to it
* I recommend pushing content to the server from xm360 to begin with to make absoultely certain that it creates the paths correctly on the PC
* xm360 now has very robust FTP job queuing, showing you what's in the queue, and the progress of each transfer right in the content list.
* Due to the fact that you may want to run the server on a port other than 21, XM360 itself now allows you to specify the port in the "Other XBOX" ftp config section.  See XM360.cfg for details.
* Lots of minor fixes in XM360 itself

CODE

Version 1.5c-- May 7th, 2010

* Fixed Passive FTP mode (it was always disconnecting)

CODE

Version 1.5b -- May 3rd, 2010

* Include DLC located on UsbMUx:
* Start all searches at xxx:\\Content\\ instead of xxx:\\Content\\0000000000000000 (game saves)  This means a full scan will take longer, but it's necessary.

CODE
Version 1.5 -- May 2nd, 2010

* Added full support for game saves.  
* Added ability to have the "remote" 360 do a force-rescan when connecting to it.
* Fixed issue where ftp stopped connecting after about 20 or so connections
* Added ability to delete XBLA content on the first page (including REMOTE content)
* Added display of file size to first page
* Added support for UsbMU0: and UsbMU1: if you are using dash 9199 (including via ftp)
* Don't mount DVDROM or FLASH when starting...greatly improves startup time
* Added support for new "REPORT_PATH" in the config which will be used for all reports (XBLA, DLC, GAME SAVES)
* Added filter to the DLC page to show only DLC which wasn't "matched" (or "scraped")
* Added some more specific status messages when connecting to a remote 360
* The local content.bin (file written when you do a rescan all) is automatically updated if you fetch content via ftp or delete local content

** Just a quick note.  Fetching and pushing content still keeps the full path intact.  That means if you are trying to fetch content from a remote memory unit, for example, and you don't have a memory unit locally...it won't work.  It will fail silently.
** Also, pushing content as well as deleting remote content *doesn't* update the remote content.bin.  You should either remember to do a rescan all on that machine the next time you use it, or go to the Remote Connection button, check the Force Rescan checkbox, and reconnect to the remote machine.

Edited by node21, 06 September 2010 - 03:54 PM.

#2 BrooksyX

BrooksyX

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:23 PM

Nice glad to see your continuing to upgrade this tool. Ever though of hitting up Team FSD and incorporating this into FSD?

#3 node21

node21

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE(BrooksyX @ May 2 2010, 06:23 PM) View Post

Nice glad to see your continuing to upgrade this tool. Ever though of hitting up Team FSD and incorporating this into FSD?

Read the older topic. Asked and answered.

#4 krizalid

krizalid

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:35 AM

Gamesave support?

Does it remove the keys? or does it patch them all to the keys of console, profile and deviceID?

Nice addition btw, I like to know what the feature is.

#5 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:53 AM

so this allows you to take dlc and arcade games on another harddrive and ftp to the computer, then retrieve those games with your patched kernel/dash 360?

#6 danthaman673

danthaman673

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:Modding and Gaming 24/7
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:39 AM

Awesome!!! I/we will get to work checking it out (Sounds like it's going to be pretty bug-free). We will be extensivly using the FTP with combos of 9199/8955 and 9199/9199 Including lots of USBmu stuff so if there's anything there it should become fairly evident.

But let me say thanx!!! in adavnce, we are still hoping you might be able to do something with FSD 2.0 (They might already be planning to add USB XBLA/GOD Content , I don't know) and that would be awesome as it would cover everything known to JTAG-kind in one solution :-) . At any-rate I know that you have said in the past you have no plans to do so. It doesn't really matter that much anyway as one can just boot with FSD into XM360 and I think I speak for most of us when I say it's bloody awesome just to be able to so that! So thanx again Node for putting-out another piece of quality SW.

Brgds/Dan

PS: I've just been asked and couldn't answer: 'Can Xm360 unlock/handle Avatar items' I'll check for myself in a minute, but if it doesn't then that might be something you could incorporate in to 1.6 (Avatar XUID stuff)

Edited by danthaman673, 03 May 2010 - 07:08 AM.

#7 JCDenton@AS

JCDenton@AS

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Games/Games design.<br />Console modding.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:03 AM

Does this allow patching of avatar items on offline accounts?

#8 danthaman673

danthaman673

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE(JCDenton@AS @ May 3 2010, 03:33 PM) View Post

Does this allow patching of avatar items on offline accounts?

Great minds eh?? wink.gif (See my earlier post)

I just checked and I'm pretty sure I can say NO.
sad.gif

#9 danthaman673

danthaman673

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:25 AM

OK problems already doh' : It seems to only be showing-up 3game saves (It's possible these are living on my USB, acidently copied), They're old Forza saves. And thats it! According to XM360 there is only 3 saves on my xbox, (I should have about a 100 or so on the HDD, some on the MU and possibly a couple of acident/experiment(s) on the USB.
Also: I can't seem to get XM to find DLC on my USBmu (It finds game save no worries) I went back to dash inserted USBmu booted,scanned, DLC not there :-(
Also: I've observed a very minor thing (That most likely has little to do with ur app :-) but USBmu's don't.won't get recognised if inserted after XM has booted (Like I said a trifle of an issue)

Please Help us Mr.Node! ohmy.gif

Brgds/Dan

Edited by danthaman673, 03 May 2010 - 07:34 AM.

#10 Skevus

Skevus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:56 PM

The FTP seems to be broken? However I am using Total Commander so it's maybe just me. 1.4B didn't have any probz with Total Commander so it's something with this new version. The game save problem is that it only looks inside Content/0000000000000000/ when it should look inside content/Otherfolderforeachprofile/

I am not even sure if the saves will be inside Content/0000000000000000/ even if you use only one profile. However I believe you can change where it should search for saves in the file xm360.cfg. I am not really sure but it seems so......

P.S

I Found out it was because I was using passive mode in Total Commander that it didn't work. I hope other progz will work without passive mode because I don't like to change settings for every 360 ftp dashboard/Prog

Edited by Skevus, 03 May 2010 - 05:02 PM.

#11 dvverga

dvverga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:20 PM

Everytime I go into xm360 it renames exactly 61 files. The only thing I can figure is that there are duplicates with incorrect filenames and it cannot overwrite so it will continually attempt to rename them everytime I going into it but not actually do so. Is there anyway to have it remove duplicates automatically?

#12 node21

node21

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE(krizalid @ May 2 2010, 09:35 PM) View Post

Gamesave support?

Does it remove the keys? or does it patch them all to the keys of console, profile and deviceID?

Nice addition btw, I like to know what the feature is.

No, it does absolutely nothing to gamesaves. Just allows you to view them, and sort them, and transfer them from one box to another. Are gamesaves locked to a console? If that's the case, I'd probably want to add some sort of ability to fix that...if possible.

QUOTE(deilzfcjk @ May 2 2010, 11:53 PM) View Post

so this allows you to take dlc and arcade games on another harddrive and ftp to the computer, then retrieve those games with your patched kernel/dash 360?

Well, it was designed to allow you to push content directly from one 360 to another 360 when both are running this app. But you could always use the built in ftp server (and your own knowledge of the filenames, yuck!) to do what you are suggesting.

QUOTE(danthaman673 @ May 3 2010, 01:39 AM) View Post

we are still hoping you might be able to do something with FSD 2.0

PS: I've just been asked and couldn't answer: 'Can Xm360 unlock/handle Avatar items' I'll check for myself in a minute, but if it doesn't then that might be something you could incorporate in to 1.6 (Avatar XUID stuff)

As I've said in the past...I'd be happy to help FSD (and did early on with some ftp stuff), but they are still on an older SDK AFAIK. Once they move up (if they haven't already) I'll likely join in again. Certainly the ftp changes I made in XM360 1.5 really should be in FSD as well.

Also, no avatar support as of now.

QUOTE(danthaman673 @ May 3 2010, 02:25 AM) View Post

OK problems already doh' : It seems to only be showing-up 3game saves (It's possible these are living on my USB, acidently copied), They're old Forza saves. And thats it! According to XM360 there is only 3 saves on my xbox, (I should have about a 100 or so on the HDD, some on the MU and possibly a couple of acident/experiment(s) on the USB.
Also: I can't seem to get XM to find DLC on my USBmu (It finds game save no worries) I went back to dash inserted USBmu booted,scanned, DLC not there :-(
Also: I've observed a very minor thing (That most likely has little to do with ur app :-) but USBmu's don't.won't get recognised if inserted after XM has booted (Like I said a trifle of an issue)

Don't know why it wouldn't find game saves...Don't think it cares where they live either. I didn't notice anything like this while testing either...Anything special about the saves it isn't finding?

I think I explicitly DON'T find DLC anywhere but the HDD: (since that's the only place it can exist that it will work). If you have DLC on a USB MU, will a title find it there? If it will, that's a bug in XM360 that I'd have to fix (and it's simple to do so).

I don't detect the insertion/removal of devices. If anyone knows how to register for such information, please let me know, and I'll add it.

QUOTE(Skevus @ May 3 2010, 11:56 AM) View Post

The FTP seems to be broken? However I am using Total Commander so it's maybe just me. 1.4B didn't have any probz with Total Commander so it's something with this new version. The game save problem is that it only looks inside Content/0000000000000000/ when it should look inside content/Otherfolderforeachprofile/

I am not even sure if the saves will be inside Content/0000000000000000/ even if you use only one profile. However I believe you can change where it should search for saves in the file xm360.cfg. I am not really sure but it seems so......

P.S

I Found out it was because I was using passive mode in Total Commander that it didn't work. I hope other progz will work without passive mode because I don't like to change settings for every 360 ftp dashboard/Prog

Passive mode should work...I think I did all of my testing in passive mode...but maybe I was in active mode and broke passive mode. It is *entirely* possible that I did so, since I was all over that stuff trying to fix the "20 connections and done" issue. I'll revisit that code and see what I broke.

I think I search /Content/, not /Content/00000000000000/, but I'd have to check the code for sure. You can't change where it should search, you can only add an additional search path.

QUOTE(dvverga @ May 3 2010, 12:20 PM) View Post

Everytime I go into xm360 it renames exactly 61 files. The only thing I can figure is that there are duplicates with incorrect filenames and it cannot overwrite so it will continually attempt to rename them everytime I going into it but not actually do so. Is there anyway to have it remove duplicates automatically?

renames? Are you using the "restore filenames" feature? There's nothing to remove dupliaces automatically, but version 1.5 will *SHOW* duplicates on the first page, AND let you delete them...Do that, and then do the restore filenames and you should be happier.

-node

#13 dvverga

dvverga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE(node21 @ May 3 2010, 11:05 AM) View Post

Are you using the "restore filenames" feature? There's nothing to remove dupliaces automatically, but version 1.5 will *SHOW* duplicates on the first page, AND let you delete them...Do that, and then do the restore filenames and you should be happier.

-node

Yes, thanks node I meant "restore filenames." I was at work and for the life of me couldn't think of the name. Thanks for the info on how to handle it. I will try when I get home. Your hardworking is appreciated.

Edited by dvverga, 03 May 2010 - 07:39 PM.

#14 ZprivateZ

ZprivateZ

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 1 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:38 PM

Thanks for the nice app Node smile.gif

#15 nevernow

nevernow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE(node21 @ May 3 2010, 06:05 PM) View Post

I think I explicitly DON'T find DLC anywhere but the HDD: (since that's the only place it can exist that it will work). If you have DLC on a USB MU, will a title find it there? If it will, that's a bug in XM360 that I'd have to fix (and it's simple to do so).

With dashboard 9199, UsbMUx: devices are trusted and can store any kind of content: XBLA, DLC, GOD full games. So in perspective yes, the feature should be added. Ideally, XM360 should only look for such content UsbMU devices, not all connected devices, so not to give "false hope" to people still running 8955 (like me).

And once again... thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users