• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 TheGoldenKey

TheGoldenKey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:23 PM

I've just bought what appears to be a brand new XENON Xbox360. It's booting directly to the initial setup / language selection screen. Attaching a HDD with the new dashboard results in a "you need to install an update to use" screen, and until I go through the setup process it's not booting games / DVDs etc.

How is this even possible in 2010? I guess the real question is... Is this USEFUL in any way? It's got a manufacture date of 2006-07-02

#2 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:30 PM

It's useless, I'll do you a favor and trade you for a good updated one.

LOL. Seriously, get it JTAGed or sell it to someone who wants to JTAG it. It's worth more than an updated jasper.

#3 crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:13 AM

Yeah I'd be happy to take it off your hands tongue.gif. I don't think it's worth more than a current jasper, but it's worth more than a current xenon for sure. I'll buy it if you want to sell it, PM me if you're interested.

#4 RRODXbox

RRODXbox

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:12 AM

Theres nothing special about that, anyone could just use the initial setup option then turn it off so youre greeted with it when you turn it on + you got an old dash.

Special ones are the ones like the one I got given to Jtag, never been used in three years 2xxx dash and never repaired 2006 01 Xenon.

#5 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE(crimsondynamo329 @ May 3 2010, 11:13 PM) View Post

I don't think it's worth more than a current jasper, but it's worth more than a current xenon for sure.

Aren't new Arcade systems like $140 now? I wouldn't sell a jtagable, never RROD'd bare Xenon console for under $160.

The KV alone is worth $60-70 smile.gif

But this one doesn't look new, check the memory flap and looks like there's a sticker on top.

Edited by relaxxx, 04 May 2010 - 12:29 PM.

#6 TheGoldenKey

TheGoldenKey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:42 PM

Right, here's an update... With pictures...
IPB Image
^^^ As you can see it has a relatively old dash, so definitely JTAG season I feel

IPB Image
^^^ Opened it up as the sticker was void, but inside is 100% stock. Weird.

IPB Image
^^^ To preserve it's longevity I fitted the newest heatsinks using Arctic Silver 5 and kept the x-clamps. IMO they do their job well, so why change them. Even MS still uses them still.

I also added two small heatsinks to the ANA and South Bridge chips. Reassembled, powered up, played Burnout Revenge for 3 hours and it's all good.

Anything else I should do to keep this thing working for all eternity?

#7 TheGoldenKey

TheGoldenKey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:53 PM

If anyone in the UK (in or around London) can JTAG this beast for me @ a good price, please PM me. Lots of 360 parts sitting around for part exchange if you're interested, including heatsinks, fans, plastic parts etc.

I also run a PC & Laptop spare parts business, so I'm sure I can hook you up especially if you need Toshiba parts... I've got 170 modems that need shifting tongue.gif

#8 nm*13

nm*13

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:42 PM

you should put the old cpu heatsink back on. xenons get to hot for the new ones.

#9 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

12V Fanspeed and shroud modding will get you as close to eternity as it will go.

#10 TheGoldenKey

TheGoldenKey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:23 PM

Can anyone else confirm this? It looks to me like a much beefier heatsink, but then again the older one does have the pipe.

QUOTE(nm*13 @ May 7 2010, 09:42 PM) View Post

you should put the old cpu heatsink back on. xenons get to hot for the new ones.

#11 crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:26 AM

Yeah they downgraded the heatsinks for the newer chipsets. The new heatsinks are cheaper and the new chips are cooler so they switched models.

#12 LiTHiUM0XiD3

LiTHiUM0XiD3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:41 AM

move the caps infront of the CPU... throw a BEEFY like inch think at least 60mm fan... and then do a full shroud upgrade smile.gif over the cpu sink and gpu sink
have em all 12v...
turn up your sound... or else its gunna wail like a jet engine
works like a charm
ur might have to **cough** reshape the gpu heatsink...

or even do the shrouds.. and middle divider.... 12V it all and put like a 70mm in the side of the case right above the the GPU heatsink extension good to get some cool air in there.. for both the GPU and CPU

#13 Piratesmustperish

Piratesmustperish

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE(TheGoldenKey @ May 7 2010, 06:23 PM) View Post

Can anyone else confirm this? It looks to me like a much beefier heatsink, but then again the older one does have the pipe.

The older one is copper. Copper>aluminum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users