8 replies to this topic

#1 tomlad13

tomlad13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:53 PM

Hello all, Ive got myself two softmodded xboxes. one is a 1.1 and the other is a 1.4

ive got a 200gb hd in the 1.1 and the stock in the 1.4

i want to swap the 200gb from the 1.1 into the 1.4 and vice versa. ive read about zeroing the hdd key using config magic but i dont know if this is what i want to do?

if anyone can give me an idea of a fairly straight forward method of doing this it would be much appreciated.
thanks

#2 tomlad13

tomlad13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:05 PM

anyone got any ideas? ive been reading topics for hours but cant seem to find a straight answer. most of the topics tend to be discussions or tutorials on how to install a new drive into another console, not so much a previously softmodded one.

both consoles have had the same softmod installed with the same method (splinter cell hack). is it as simple as swapping hdd keys on the xboxes? ive done a backup of the eeproms using config magic too. ive seen alot about xboxhdm too but i dont know if it will allow me to swap drives as such?

#3 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:32 AM

It depends on what softmod was used, and what kernel (BIOS versions) the consoles have, as to whether zero-ising the keys will work or not. I mean, sure, it will allow each console to read each drive, but differences in the kernel may result in the systems failing to boot anyways.

Personally, I TSOP flash every console I can. Once this is done, the consoles no longer require locks on the drive, so I can simply remove all locks and swap drives at will.

#4 tomlad13

tomlad13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:56 PM

both softmods had the same method, splinter cell and sid4.

as for TSOP, im no good with soldering and dont fancy wrecking my xboxes trying! so im going to have to try and find a workaround. im just worried that if i start messing without any concrete advice from one of the gurus on here, i will end up with two bricked xboxes and drives.

#5 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:46 AM

If you don't wish to hardmod the systems, then zero'ising the keys are your best bet.

Make certain your EEPROM backups are good before continuing with that. I'd also recommend backing up the contents of your UDATA and TDATA folders first, too (these are found on the E partition).

Note that if something goes wrong while messing with the EEPROMs, odds are you'll need to build an EEPROM reader to fix it. While the soldering involved is trivial (heck, you can twist nearly all the wires together instead if you want to), that's still more difficult then TSOP flashing.

Edited by Bomb Bloke, 11 May 2010 - 08:48 AM.

#6 theninjaway

theninjaway

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:01 PM

aslong as you have the eeprom backups, use xboxhdm to unlock then lock the drives to whichever console.

#7 tomlad13

tomlad13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:58 PM

thanks for the replys guys.

ninja, with the method you suggest, is it possible to do this using an external caddy?

Edited by tomlad13, 11 May 2010 - 07:58 PM.

#8 tomlad13

tomlad13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE(tomlad13 @ May 11 2010, 07:58 PM) View Post

thanks for the replys guys.

ninja, with the method you suggest, is it possible to do this using an external caddy?

ignore that above post. time to get the pc out i think!

#9 tomlad13

tomlad13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:37 PM

great, i put my 200 gb into the pc and it has killed the drive. i get a error 7 now on the xbox and the hard drive is making a beeping noise. so im guessing its ruined. its not the power going to the drive either, checked that. it makes the same sound in the pc as it does in the xbox. lost all my emulators and roms now, get in! mad.gif

oh well. im going to try and buy a new drive and just start from scratch with the 1.4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users