#16 LoveMHz

LoveMHz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE(Hyper_Eye @ Jun 18 2010, 11:32 AM) View Post

I am holding onto it for the moment. It will likely go to 1 of 2 developers that I have already decided on and it will cost them as much as these cost me: $0.

It's cool. Figured you probably had someone lined up anyways. I'll just stick to 360 dev.

#17 Hyper_Eye

Hyper_Eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:07 AM

Well, if you have a modded original Xbox it is a cinch to get the development environment running on it. Besides the increased memory in the dev/debug kits they are pretty much just as functional once the environment is installed. The XDK will connect to it the same, transfer builds the same, and remotely interface the same (including the debugging functions.) That is exactly what I had running in this video:

#18 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:33 AM

It's useful for low-level stuff like xbox linux, bios development and debugging of kernel. But if you are only developing regular apps, yup, Hyper_Eye is right

#19 LoveMHz

LoveMHz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Jun 19 2010, 01:33 AM) View Post

It's useful for low-level stuff like xbox linux, bios development and debugging of kernel. But if you are only developing regular apps, yup, Hyper_Eye is right

Yes I'm aware of that. The additional memory would easily be greatly beneficial. The only reason I was interested in owning a developer's kit is mostly for low level reverse engineering. CBXB and Linux mostly.

Edited by LoveMHz, 19 June 2010 - 09:04 AM.

#20 gen13

gen13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:59 PM

Hi Guys,

Sorry for reviving an old thread but you guy seem to know what to do with a Dev Kit. I bought one recently not knowing it's a dev kit. I wanted a regular xbox.

So can I flash it with a X2 bios and use it like a modded xbox ? If so, how ? Thanks.

#21 hoopla

hoopla

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:32 AM

Nice smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users