boxer25

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE(Toddler @ May 12 2010, 03:10 PM) View Post

I think KV.bin was something you dump from the NAND, right?

I think I'm confused for the same reason that others here have mentioned. I've got one banned box and one stock box. I'm just hoping to easily move my saves and profile from one console to the other as needed. If this app requires KV.bin, wouldn't that mean the NAND from both consoles has to be dumped?

Sorry if I'm completely off-base here.

HI, I have the same question. I have a stock updated non-jtagged 360 without the KV and no way to dump the nand. I assume from what I have read that this program cannot uncorrupt the game saves from my banned console to this one?

#17 xzelion

xzelion

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:XBOX
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:59 PM

I don't get this, with this tool I need to have a KV.Bin what is this and why?

The process I was used to before hearing about all these great features was load up a profile/save with
con flag remover

after that is done

load up hash block calculator and resign and you are done.

Why is it that with this change in order to resign everything I am now required to somehow get a KV.bin

#18 xzelion

xzelion

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:XBOX
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:21 PM

looking into this further I learned this is only for people with banned ganertags going into new gamertags.

So is there another tool that will bulk unflag my saves and bulk resign or do I still have to do one by one by one and do I still need the KV.bin. MY GT is not banned.

#19 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE(boxer25 @ May 13 2010, 01:57 AM) View Post

HI, I have the same question. I have a stock updated non-jtagged 360 without the KV and no way to dump the nand. I assume from what I have read that this program cannot uncorrupt the game saves from my banned console to this one?

QUOTE(xzelion @ May 13 2010, 01:59 AM) View Post

I don't get this, with this tool I need to have a KV.Bin what is this and why?

The process I was used to before hearing about all these great features was load up a profile/save with
con flag remover

after that is done

load up hash block calculator and resign and you are done.

Why is it that with this change in order to resign everything I am now required to somehow get a KV.bin

This is for everyone wondering about the KV.bin

The KV.bin is not REQUIRED from the console you are putting the saves onto UNLESS one of your saves is Forza 3 or Braid (I am unsure if any other games require it). If you do not have one of these games or do not mind if you cannot transfer them across or dont have a way to get your KV.bin, then you can obtain a KV.bin from many other applications such as le fluffie (or basically any other resigner application out there)

All game saves store your Console ID in 2 locations, 0x36C which is the location which most games use, but some games such as Forza 3 also cross check it with the second location at 0x6. Changing 0x6 changes the signiture in the CON file and requires it to be resigned, resigning requires a KV.bin to resign it correctly. If a KV.bin is used that is not from that console that you wish to use the saves on, then the value at 0x6 (which is the second location for the Console ID) gets altered to the console ID of the KV.bin used, due to the resigning process. Therefor, games such as Forza 3 will see that save as corrupt and wont load it.

99% of games do not use the value at 0x6, and may only use 0x36C to get the console ID. A KV.bin is only needed from your console for that 1% of games, otherwise a generic KV.bin is fine to use.

QUOTE(xzelion @ May 13 2010, 05:21 AM) View Post

looking into this further I learned this is only for people with banned ganertags going into new gamertags.

So is there another tool that will bulk unflag my saves and bulk resign or do I still have to do one by one by one and do I still need the KV.bin. MY GT is not banned.

as i stated above, its not just for poeple with a banned console/gamertags, it is just aimed towards them. it can still mass resign saves with console/profile/device ID's

Edited by scuba156, 13 May 2010 - 12:31 AM.

#20 7urrican

7urrican

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE(scuba156 @ May 12 2010, 06:02 AM) View Post

how many saves did you try at once, it should be able to handle a few thousand.

actually, i think it just hangs when it gets to my forza 3 saves rather than there being too many items. i know you said f3 and braid are different to others so maybe that causes some issue?

#21 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE(7urrican @ May 13 2010, 09:45 AM) View Post

actually, i think it just hangs when it gets to my forza 3 saves rather than there being too many items. i know you said f3 and braid are different to others so maybe that causes some issue?

Im not sure. The files for Forza 3/Braid themselves are no different to any other CON file, its mainly the way that the games read the saves file. When i get home, ill see how many saves i can throw at it, and ill also see how long the filepath names can be.

#22 lvader1

lvader1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE(scuba156 @ May 11 2010, 08:02 PM) View Post

if you have a full name image, use i build to extract the onand

I'm not familiar with "I build" could you explain more in depth please?

#23 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE(lvader1 @ May 13 2010, 10:01 AM) View Post

I'm not familiar with "I build" could you explain more in depth please?

ibuild is included with the FreeBoot package which is for Jtag consoles. it can be used to get your KV.bin. Please read my comments above to see if you need your KV.bin

#24 Pedroshin

Pedroshin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:40 AM

Hello I think I don't quite understand the part in which I have to create a new savegame? It says my whole Profile is corrupted on the new Jtagged console, so I can't even "Sign in" with it to use it to create new saves...

Obviously recovering it using Xbox Live is out of the question because of the Jtag.

Must I create a new profile or something? But then would it work to get back my corrupted profile and its saves?

Thanks

Edited by Pedroshin, 13 May 2010 - 02:05 AM.

#25 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE(Pedroshin @ May 13 2010, 10:40 AM) View Post

Hello I think I don't quite understand the part in which I have to create a new savegame? It says my whole Profile is corrupted on the new Jtagged console, so I can't even "Sign in" with it to use it to create new saves...

Must I create a new profile or something? But then would it work to get back my corrupted profile and its saves?

Thanks

I forgot about this situation, may have to incorperate soemthing for it.

Theres two ways to do this:

Place either your KV.bin or a generic KV.bin in the resources folder, then load up your profile in CONSaver, and click UnCorrupt, now you can transfer your profile back over to your console and sign into it to create a new save game and continue as normal.

Create a new profile, and create a new save game. Then use that save game to inject the Console ID and Device ID into CONSaver. Then manually input your Profile ID in, you can find your Profile ID by looking at either the Profile file or the Profile Folder which contains all your save games as it will be named the same as your Profile ID (so if your profile file/folder is named something like E00002CE5AE31767, you would input E00002CE5AE31767 as your Profile ID). Then just get a KV.bin and continue as normal

#26 Pedroshin

Pedroshin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:09 AM

Thanks I'll try the first method. I have Forza 3 saves. This is probably a dumb question, but should I use KV.bin from NAND.bin or from Freeboot.bin?
The person who got me the Jtag console explained NAND.bin is original un-modified nand, while the Freeboot.bin is the modified one. He only supplied me with the rawkv.bin, which I doubt is the one we need here.

So I got the 360 Flash tool and both NAND.bin and Freeboot.bin work fine with the CPUKey.txt in the 360 Flash Tool and both extract KV.bin of the same size (16,384)

So since my console is modified at the moment I should use the KV.bin from Freeboot.bin, right? Or it doesn't make a difference?

Thanks

Edited by Pedroshin, 13 May 2010 - 02:12 AM.

#27 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE(Pedroshin @ May 13 2010, 11:09 AM) View Post

Thanks I'll try the first method. I have Forza 3 saves. This is probably a dumb question, but should I use KV.bin from NAND.bin or from Freeboot.bin?
The person who got me the Jtag console explained NAND.bin is original un-modified nand, while the Freeboot.bin is the modified one. He only supplied me with the rawkv.bin, which I doubt is the one we need here.

So I got the 360 Flash tool and both NAND.bin and Freeboot.bin work fine with the CPUKey.txt in the 360 Flash Tool and both extract KV.bin of the same size (16,384)

So since my console is modified at the moment I should use the KV.bin from Freeboot.bin, right? Or it doesn't make a difference?

Thanks

Either KV.bin should be fine as they originate from the same console, just as long as it matches the correct size

#28 lvader1

lvader1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE(scuba156 @ May 12 2010, 03:19 PM) View Post

ibuild is included with the FreeBoot package which is for Jtag consoles. it can be used to get your KV.bin. Please read my comments above to see if you need your KV.bin

I use XBR so, i was not familiar with freeboot.
thanks for the info!

#29 Pedroshin

Pedroshin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:19 AM

Thanks man it worked. I didn't even need to create a new save! I just loaded profile folder, clicked UnCorrupt, put folder back in HDD and all saves, even Forza 3, work. So I guess it was just the profile but not the saves that were corrupted or something.

Cheers

#30 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE(Pedroshin @ May 13 2010, 01:19 PM) View Post

Thanks man it worked. I didn't even need to create a new save! I just loaded profile folder, clicked UnCorrupt, put folder back in HDD and all saves, even Forza 3, work. So I guess it was just the profile but not the saves that were corrupted or something.

Cheers

Im guessing you put the saves back onto the same console?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users