Broadband_Junky

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:46 PM

Does anyone have a good illustrated tutorial on flashing the TSOP and adding a dip switch to control which bios to boot? I have a bunch of dip switches with 5 on/off switches that I would like to use. I would like the first four switches to be utilized on the dip switch. I just don't understand how to wire such a switch.

http://octopart.com/...grayhill-915731

Edited by Broadband_Junky, 12 May 2010 - 08:56 PM.

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:15 PM

you need SPDT swtiches (see link in my sig) your dips are only SPST

you could wire it like this though:

dip1: a19-ground
dip2: a19-3.3v
dip3: a18-ground
dip4: a18-3.3v

the problem there though would be if you have the wrong switches on at the same time (like 1 and 2 both on) you would be shorting 3.3v straight to ground over the TSOP, i would recommend getting 2 SPDT switches and wiring like the diagram in my sig

#3 Broadband_Junky

Broadband_Junky

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:19 PM

Ok thank you lordvader, I did read your post before posting....I just didn't want to put any more money into this then i needed. Plus i have several of these switches lying around. Thanks for the reply...back to radioshack for me.

#4 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE(Broadband_Junky @ May 13 2010, 12:19 AM) View Post

Ok thank you lordvader, I did read your post before posting....I just didn't want to put any more money into this then i needed. Plus i have several of these switches lying around. Thanks for the reply...back to radioshack for me.

Yep, and prepare to be raped by "The Shack". I was in the exact same spot awhile back with a 29-wire mod and having a dip switch available to me but I too did not like the idea of being able to short power and ground, so I went to radio crap.

2 DPDT toggles came to almost 8 bucks! Ridiculous.

#5 jinn

jinn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:47 AM

Good place to get switches.

I use this

http://www.futurlec....s/SPDT101.shtml

Edited by jinn, 14 May 2010 - 06:52 AM.

#6 GoTeamScotch

GoTeamScotch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE(xboxmods2977 @ May 12 2010, 05:19 PM) View Post

Yep, and prepare to be raped by "The Shack". I was in the exact same spot awhile back with a 29-wire mod and having a dip switch available to me but I too did not like the idea of being able to short power and ground, so I went to radio crap.

2 DPDT toggles came to almost 8 bucks! Ridiculous.

QFT. The Shack will give you The Shaft when you go in there. One blue LED is 4 dollars. I nearly shit bricks. I spend 30 bucks every time I go in that place.

#7 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE(GoTeamScotch @ Jun 4 2010, 08:32 PM) View Post

QFT. The Shack will give you The Shaft
biggrin.gif
Yea, My girlfriend works at a party supply store and is always bringing home toys with LED's in them so I am covered there. Fortunately, I have only had to buy a blue LED there once and yep, it was about 4 bucks. For the most part I usually only have to go in there to get things like desolder wick, which is one of the few things (for some reason) that are cheaper (because of shipping) to get locally, rather than online. Everything else I may need for little projects, I usually have laying around because I hoard anything electronic, working or not. biggrin.gif

#8 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:57 AM

i got lucky, when the shack in the mall by my place closed they clearanced all their components, i got everything out of the LED and switch drawer for 40 bucks (i just made the guy an offer for all of it) when i checked it out at home it was easily over two hundred dollars worth of stuff by their normal prices

guess it was cheaper to blow it out than inventory it (it hadnt been organized in years) and sent it to one of the other 2 shacks in the area, thats what they did with all their RC toys and stuff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users