• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dazsinister

Dazsinister

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:39 PM

I'm in the process of doing my first ever mod to well anything. Currently painting my
box black with blue trim cutting a case window. But the faceplate is where I'm having the issue. I place on painiting it and saw and tut of disassembly but my hand are far from that steady and my luck I wouldn't be able
to put it back togeither in the same condition it's in. I was wondering if anyone has any other methods or has painted there faceplate without disassembling it? If so post pictures of the results. Thank u

#2 Curtis-Mods

Curtis-Mods

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:Farming, driving anything fast, gaming and modding xbox's
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:53 PM

If you can put the console back together, trust me you'll be able to do a faceplate. but if you still dont want to you'll have to just cover up the flaps with tape depending on what you want to do with it. If it was me i would take it apart though, as there are some pretty tight spots created with the flaps on.

#3 MilSim

MilSim

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE(Curtis-Mods @ May 14 2010, 06:53 PM) View Post

If you can put the console back together, trust me you'll be able to do a faceplate. but if you still dont want to you'll have to just cover up the flaps with tape depending on what you want to do with it. If it was me i would take it apart though, as there are some pretty tight spots created with the flaps on.

I agree. Just make sure that after you take off the flaps you tape off the little round pegs on each side that allow it to fit in the faceplate. If you don't, there's a 50/50 chance the flaps will not move smoothly. Go for it, you'll be glad you went the extra mile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users