krizalid

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:17 AM

Build XeLLous v0.1 (uses ibuild, nandpro2b and donor files)

- Simply start the app and type the motherboard type you want it for and it will build it for you.

Final size is in 50 blocks (hex), or 80 16kb blocks. NAND area is 0 > 4F

- NOTE and WARNING: This will make a fully working XeLLous to flash for the first time to your 360.
Keep in mind that it's based on FreeBoot's ibuild and it will look to launch the rebooter if you power on
with the "power button", please power on with the "eject button" and drive attached.

What's the main idea?

- Rapidly build Xellous.bin for your console so you may acquire "fuses.txt" and "flashdmp.bin" via FTP and create your FreeBoot or XBR Image and flash, instead of flashing all from PC (may take forever using LPT ph34r.gif )

This version does have both Jasper's South Bridge versions of the SMC so that you may build for Jasper16 or JasperBB and not having a black screen boot up on you tongue.gif

Cheers.

Nknave/Krizalid

DOWNLOAD

Edited by krizalid, 18 May 2010 - 08:19 AM.

#2 WarriorSan

WarriorSan

X-S Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:26 PM

Thanks for the app!

IPB Image

Edited by WarriorSan, 18 May 2010 - 04:35 PM.

#3 liteon6x

liteon6x

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:45 AM

i lost my original nand for my xenon (yes it jtaggable)
can i just flash it with this and get my files
or do i need to patch it with my kv and stuff

Edited by liteon6x, 19 May 2010 - 05:46 AM.

#4 krizalid

krizalid

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:59 AM

If you just flash, you're gonna loose your KeyVault block and cannot get back.

Best to do is to dump your nand with flash360 if you are already in homebrew, or via LPT dump the blocks where this will flash into.

nandpro lpt: -r2 backup80.bin 0 50 (dump at least 3 times and compare)

than for your KV

nandpro lpt: -r1 rawkv.bin 1 1 (three time to compare files)

than flash XeLLous built with this package

nandpro lpt: -w2 xell.bin 0 50

and your rawkv

nandpro lpt: -w1 rawkv.bin 1 1

Than you may boot to XeLLous when you power on with Eject button, and via HTTP obtain fuses.txt so you may create a nand of choice via freeboot and ibuild.

#5 cory1492

cory1492

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:10 AM

I'm surprised they posted the link to the front page, as the first thing this does is extract a whole mess of files (that could plausibly cause trouble for the site) including most CB/CD groups as well as ibuild from freeboot.

This version does have both Jasper's South Bridge versions of the SMC so that you may build for Jasper16 or JasperBB and not having a black screen boot up on you

You really should check again, the xell images use 2 versions of smc code - xenon (a modified xenon smc) and everything (zephyr, falcon, jasper and jasperBB) else ( based on a modified jasper BB smc.) Oh yeah... tongue.gif

Edited by cory1492, 19 May 2010 - 06:17 AM.

#6 krizalid

krizalid

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:03 AM

True on the illegal files, but than again JTAG Tool 1.70 has far more and the most of them and still in front page.
They just need to remove main link on front page.

As for the SMCs, these are the same in free60 images release that worked well on Jaspers16/16a and BB.

No issues at all, will work.

#7 royvedas

royvedas

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:04 AM

NAND area is 0 > 4F

- but what if I got three bad blocks in my original dump in this area, relocated to the "back" of the nand?

How should I handle that situation?

#8 lefty420

lefty420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:43 PM

Might give this a miss I tried installing xellous with flash360 on my freboot.032 yesterday and I got a black screen with the middle green light lit up lol. Had to reflash xbr and then reinstall freeboot.

#9 krizalid

krizalid

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:14 PM

@rovedas:

Blocks from 0 > 3F is where most of Xellous code is.
If you need to remap bad blocks within this area, just remap anywhere between 40 to 4F (in nandpro would start from 50 as the last block and down.

@lefty420:

This is meant for first time JTAGers, meaning that most likely will flash via LPT where this issue will not happen.

If you wanted to flash via Flash360 or XeLLous onboard, you'd need to have a 16mb.bin file and using nandpro's virtual device, flash xell.bin to this file, remap bad blocks if any, and than flash it.

#10 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE(lefty420 @ May 19 2010, 09:43 PM) View Post

Might give this a miss I tried installing xellous with flash360 on my freboot.032 yesterday and I got a black screen with the middle green light lit up lol. Had to reflash xbr and then reinstall freeboot.

because you overwrote the kv. Freeboot has Xellous already included in it, press eject on boot time to boot it. If you dont know what your doing or dont understand it, dont do it

Edited by scuba156, 20 May 2010 - 01:30 AM.

#11 RRoD420

RRoD420

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:32 PM

So after building the xellous image for board, i have to flash "-w16 kv.bin 1 1" correct? otherwise xellous will be unable to read/write my flash? That should be noted on the front page as there is no readme with this.

#12 krizalid

krizalid

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE(RRoD420 @ May 20 2010, 05:32 PM) View Post

So after building the xellous image for board, i have to flash "-w16 kv.bin 1 1" correct? otherwise xellous will be unable to read/write my flash? That should be noted on the front page as there is no readme with this.

Actually it is not necessary but useful.

If this is the first time your going to flash FreeBoot, I suggest the following procedure:

- nandpro lpt: -r2 backup.bin 0 50 (do it multiple times to make sure you have a good dump)
- nandpro lpt: -w2 xell.bin 0 50 (will flash xellous that is 80blocks in size)
- PowerOn your 360 with Eject Button and DVD Drive preferably.
- HTTP to obtain fuses.txt and flashdmp.bin (rawflash dump)
- using nandpro2b for virtual device: nandpro flashdmp.bin: -w2 backup.bin 0 50 (you will now have an original dump)
- rename your flashdmp.bin to orig.bin (this is optional)
- build your FreeBoot image using this and your cpu key obtained from fuses.txt
- using xellous, flash your freeboot image.

This is how I do it and it works flawlessly.
Flashing rawkv.bin over XeLLous will only add your DVD Key to the fuses.txt, that's all, and since your only running Xellous temporary to obtain files to build freeboot, this is not a must at this point.

Also, wrong keyvault will throw off Christmas lights if you power on with Power Button.

Not having keyvault has nothing to do with reading and writing to nand via XeLLous.

Edited by krizalid, 21 May 2010 - 10:45 PM.

#13 raburton

raburton

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:37 PM

Tried this on Xenon - worked, and JasperBB - didn't work.

#14 SNAAAKE

SNAAAKE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:19 AM

noob alert!

where do put my KV and nand bin files? do I need those or it will just create the xell for my falcon system? and how do I flash the created file? put it on usb flash drive and boot with eject?

yes I did read the whole thread here but I didnt really understand everything lol.. ohmy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users