Sprint Relay Online
Posted 01 July 2003 - 06:20 PM
Anyone ever use this service? You can call almost anyone in the world (i think) without paying a dime. It is meant for deaf people but the operators don't care if you use it for prank calls. The serivice is created through American and Canadian tax dollars so why cant we use it too, right?
What happens is you connect to an operator and they relay what you type to the person on the other end and then they type back to you what the person replied.
USE THESE RULES OR THE OPERATOR WILL GET PISSED OFF AND DISCONNECT YOU FOR NOT USING THE SERVICE PROPERLY. But if you do the call right they dont care if its a prank or not.
Heres what happens:
- You enter the phone number to dial and connect
- It will find an available operator and connect you with him/her(almost always a her)
- She will dial the number, and tell the person you are calling about Spring Relay and how it works
- You type what you want
- The operator reads what you typed to the person you called
- The operator types out to you what the person you called is saying
A few things to take into consideration:
* The operator ALWAYS says what you type. It can be racist, sexist, or downright wrong, she will say it
* This service is completely FREE!
* This works great for prank calls
so here's a little primer.
1) when you use the service, you MUST write "ga" when you're ready for a response from the voice person. "GA" means "go ahead." However, that does NOT mean "say 'ga' after every sentence" - because if you say it, be prepared for a response.
2) if you DO use "ga" and then keep typing, guess what? The voice person doesn't get a chance to respond. You can always interrupt them. They can never interrupt you.
3) "sk" means "stop keying" and is the relay equivalent of "goodbye." "qq" is the way a question mark is designated in relay - this is because before relay was done online, it was a service for TTY users.
4) You might think it's hilarious when you make the operator voice "The operator likes big hairy balls" - might even think it upsets the operator. Guess what? We're pretty much bored with it. I wish someone would come up with a new gambit.
5) when the operator types "explaining relay," this is the script: "You are talking to someone who is using a computer. The person will be typing and I will read everything that is typed. When you hear the words 'go ahead,' it is your turn to respond. Please speak more slowly and in the first person as you are talking directly to the person. When you are finished speaking and ready for a response, say 'go ahead' to signal the other person to begin typing. Relay will begin now."
6) Yes, it's free. It's completely free. It's taxpayer money, comes from the FCC because of the Americans With Disabilities Act. Yes, you can make international calls for free (too all nations except pakistan, india, ghana, and a couple others I forget).
7) Yes, they can log your IP. Legally they can't. In reality they do. However, they cannot use it in any way. You can launch a terrorist threat from IP relay and the operator has to keep it completely confidential - no telling people in the breakroom, or significant others, or pets, or therapists or anything. So I'd say it'd be much better to make bomb threats than cheap phone sex pranks.
8) if you follow these rules - using the right ga and sk stuff, for example - the operator will do a much better job of voicing your call, maybe even getting into the prank. Otherwise, you'll get a monotone crappy conversation out of it. Do it right and we'll even get a kick out of it.
Posted 01 July 2003 - 06:35 PM
SPRINT RELAY ONLINECONVERSATION LOG
OPER: SPRINT RELAY 2201F DIALING 360-647-1400 RINGING 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... 4 ...
(F) DELLINGHAM WALMART MAY I HELP YOU Q GA
USER: is this who i should talk to for pricing information Q GA
OPER: UM ... PRICING INFORMATION DEPENDS ON WHAT THE ITEM IS I THEN TRANSFER
YOU TO THE APPROPRIATE DEPARTMENT GA
USER: pharmecy GA
OPER: ONE MOMENT PLEASE HOLD FOR TRANSFER (PERSON HUNG UP) SR 2201F GA OR SK
(TRANSFERRING) ... THANK YOU FOR CALLING
YOUR WALMART PHARMACY IF YOU ARE A CUSTOMER AND WOULD LIKE TO REQUEST A REFILL
PRESS 1 IF YOU ARE A PHYSICIAN PRESS 2 ... FOR PHARMACY HOURS PRESS .........
(F) (RECORDING) .... (M) THANK YOU FOR CALLING WALMART PHARMACY (EXPLAINING
USER: dohi do you sell condoms and what are the prices Q GA
OPER: OH HMMMM (CHUCKLING) ... I OK I LL HAVE TO GO OUTSIDE AND CHECK ...
WHAT KIND OF CONDOMS IS THE PERSON LOOKING FOR Q GA
USER: ribbed would be nice bu t are they stable Q GA
OPER: YEAH THOSE ARE PRETTY GOOD YOU KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE USE THOSE SO I CAN GO
OUTSIDE AND CHECK THOSE PRICES IF YOU WANT TO HOLD GA
USER: sure GA
OPER: OK SURE ... DOES HE WANT YOU KNOW LUBRICATED OR NON LUBRICATED Q CUZ IT
OPER: ES IN TWO ...
USER: nitly l
USER: ubriacted GA
OPER: OK 5 48 FOR 12 12 OF THOSE AND 11 88 FOR 36 OF THOSE GA
USER: wow that is really ogood, is that the cheap kind Q GA
OPER: OH NO THOSE ARE NOT CHEAP KIND THOSE ARE THE NORMAL (ASKING WHICH BRAND
ARE THOSE) THOSE ARE THE TROJANS ... TROJANS GA
USER: and one size fits all right Q GA
OPER: OH YEAH YEAH YEAH THEY HAVE STANDARD SIZE GA
USER: how about durex are they any good Q GA
OPER: I MEAN YEAS YES THEY ARE YOU KNOW BUT THE THE TROJANS ARE REALLY GOOD SO
... YEAH THOSE ARE THE NAME BRAND WE SELL THOSE A LOT AND THOSE ARE THE ONLY
RIBBED ONES WE HAVE SO ... GA
USER: and d
USER: o you think
OPER: IS THAT IT OR Q HELLOW Q GA
USER: thank you very much GA
OPER: OK THANK YOU ... YOU RE WELCOME BYE SKSK (PERSON HUNG UP) SR 2201F GA OR
OPER: SK ***YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY DISCONNECTED THE CALL***
Posted 01 July 2003 - 06:53 PM
Posted 01 July 2003 - 07:04 PM
Posted 01 July 2003 - 07:07 PM
|QUOTE (GREGWILLRULEYOU @ Jul 1 2003, 04:04 PM)|
|i just go finish calling myself i put the opperrator threw hell fun fun fun!|
I did the same thing I called myself first, lol
Posted 01 July 2003 - 07:13 PM
Posted 01 July 2003 - 07:25 PM
here in australia we don't have millions to waist on fancy calls so I have to live it through your experiance ...
need some ideas ?
Posted 01 July 2003 - 07:26 PM
SJ yes odo you have any# i should call?
Edited by GREGWILLRULEYOU, 01 July 2003 - 07:26 PM.
Posted 01 July 2003 - 07:28 PM
Posted 01 July 2003 - 07:29 PM
|SJ yes odo you have any# i should call?|
I like using www.anywho.com cause you can enter in business names and get thier phone number. Call Hooters. I did and tell them that you want thier servers to start wearing jackets and pants.
Posted 01 July 2003 - 07:30 PM
Si je parle en Francais se serra comme ca !
Sipos me write long language belong me bea yu yu facen hard time !
Posted 01 July 2003 - 07:34 PM
SJ i call them later i have to go
Posted 01 July 2003 - 07:37 PM
but pidgin is funier as it almost sounds english ...
I have to go to , so bye all !
Posted 01 July 2003 - 10:00 PM
edit: i tryed oxygins condom call
OPER: SPRINT RELAY 2321M DIALING 360-647-1400 RINGING 1 ... 2 ... (F) BELLINGHAM WALMART HOW MAY I HELP U WQ Q GA
USER: i need prices on condoms size extra large ribbed how much ar ehtye
OPER: UM TO ANSWER THAT I WILL HAVE TO TRANSFER U OVER TO THE PHARMACY AREA IF U COULD HOLD FOR ONE MOMENT PLEASE (HOLDING . RINGING 1 ... 2 ... THANK U FOR CALLING UR WALMART PHARMACY I F U ARE A CUSTOMER AND WOULD LIKE TO REQUEST A REFIL PRESS 1 ONE MOMENT PLEASE RINGING 1 ... (F)
USER: i wo
OPER: LO THANK U FOR
USER: uld like to check
OPER: CALLING WALMART
USER: prices o
OPER: PHARMACY HOW
USER: n extra large condoms ri
OPER: MAY I HELPO U Q GTA
OPER: OK UH THEY RUN AROUND 5 DOLLARS AND 47 CENTS GA
USER: ok than you do you know if they hold up very well?
OPER: I DON T (LAUGHING) GA
USER: have tyou tryed them or are you just speaking out of knoldedege
OPER: (LAUGHING) UH NO I DON T KNOW
USER: ok thank you
OPER: (SOUNDS UNCOMFORTABLE) GA UH HUH THANKS BYE (PERSON HUNG UP) SR 2321M GA OR SK
Edited by GREGWILLRULEYOU, 01 July 2003 - 10:11 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users