• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 desicrator

desicrator

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:47 PM

I will attach a picture of my guide. How you fit it into the console may vary, OR you could even have it outside.

IPB Image

Thanks to http://myworld.ebay....:MEFSX:SELLERID

For the Potentiometers.

I would also like to addthat for my current, i used 2 500k potentiometers. I varied with 1m and 2.2m's but they all had the EXACT same effect. none of them allowed for single potentiometer use.

#2 scooterck

scooterck

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:04 PM

Nice one for posting this guide, can I ask - what watt potentiometers did you use for this to work?

Thanks

ScooterCK

QUOTE(desicrator @ May 20 2010, 10:47 PM) View Post

I will attach a picture of my guide. How you fit it into the console may vary, OR you could even have it outside.

IPB Image

Thanks to http://myworld.ebay....:MEFSX:SELLERID

For the Potentiometers.

I would also like to addthat for my current, i used 2 500k potentiometers. I varied with 1m and 2.2m's but they all had the EXACT same effect. none of them allowed for single potentiometer use.

#3 desicrator

desicrator

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:24 PM

Personally i used 2 500k slider potentiometers.

I was able to fit these into a 40gb console on the right(perfect size for screwing it to the casing), I used a 2.2M linear on a 60gb console, in order to fit it in as the motherboard is larger, i had to cut out 1 of the screw base just behind where the usb ports are. i then drilled a holed out which was able to fit the knob for the pot.

These are all that i have been able todo so far. but on the 60gb i am unable to get very controllable speeds. as when turnin it even slightly rapidly slow the fan speed to almost off. using the 2 slider version i found i could use the second pot for full range of speed.

ALSO i forgot to mention that this does not affect the voltage going to the fan, the fan runs on 12v constantly, its managed by a PWM wire(USUALLY GREY) which is what you attach the output to.

Edited by desicrator, 22 May 2010 - 08:36 PM.

#4 scooterck

scooterck

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:25 PM

Hi desicrator,

Sorry for not replying to you sooner, I've been working away.

Just wanted to say thank you and superb post.

Carried this out on a UK 60GB PS3, works superbly using 2 x 500k pots.

Respect for sharing the info

ScooterCK

QUOTE(desicrator @ May 22 2010, 08:24 PM) View Post

Personally i used 2 500k slider potentiometers.

I was able to fit these into a 40gb console on the right(perfect size for screwing it to the casing), I used a 2.2M linear on a 60gb console, in order to fit it in as the motherboard is larger, i had to cut out 1 of the screw base just behind where the usb ports are. i then drilled a holed out which was able to fit the knob for the pot.

These are all that i have been able todo so far. but on the 60gb i am unable to get very controllable speeds. as when turnin it even slightly rapidly slow the fan speed to almost off. using the 2 slider version i found i could use the second pot for full range of speed.

ALSO i forgot to mention that this does not affect the voltage going to the fan, the fan runs on 12v constantly, its managed by a PWM wire(USUALLY GREY) which is what you attach the output to.

#5 linsonchan

linsonchan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:01 PM

i dont get this...

where do I connect the output to fan?

I have 3 wires ...

12v / ground / 3.3v on the fan using a multi...

where should I connect the output from the potentiometer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users