#1 Sonic-NKT

Sonic-NKT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:13 AM

Hi,
i just bought a hdmi cable for my just jtaged jasper to free up the vga port on my TV and after some time i recognized some very strange stuff smile.gif
first i have to say it seems to work fine, all resolutions up to 1080p work fine.
But now to the strange part.

1. Console only boots up (HDMI connected) if i switch my TV to the correct HDMI port. if not the console is powered on but stays in a kind of standby until it select hdmi.
for example i can power my box on, what 1 minute, then switch with the remote to hdmi and i will see the xbox logo show up.

2. If i use the console, for example playing a game, then switch from HDMI to Television or anther input on my TV, the console gets resetted when i change back to HDMI. i can swear that this is related to HDMI and not just a random reset because the console is working fine with no reset problems yet or whatever, also when i switched back to hdmi i could see the xbox360 boot up logo, so the console booted up right after activating hdmi again.

I cant believe this is normal smile.gif anyone else have similar Problems.
When i use my VGA Cable i have no problems what so ever, then console boots straight up even if my tv is not set to VGA wink.gif

Now for the record, im using a jtaged jasper 512 unit, running freeboot 0.032 with the latest dash launch 1.0 patches. The 360 is conntected through a quite cheap noname HDMI cable to the TV, which is a LG 32 LH 3010.

Edited by Sonic-NKT, 24 May 2010 - 02:15 AM.

#2 BrooksyX

BrooksyX

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:52 AM

Well im not sure about your 2nd question but to answer the first, im pretty sure that all xbox 360s dont boot via HDMI until they detect a signal being pulled from the HDMI port. Right now I only have a jtagged xenon so i cant check, but i used to have a HDMI Zepher and I am pretty sure it did the same thing. If no one else has any input on it I can check if it does that on my brothers elite falcon later.

#3 Sonic-NKT

Sonic-NKT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:17 PM

ahh that explains atleast something biggrin.gif
ok, never heard of that yet. i only have one other hdmi device and that i can power up anytime.

bu that resetthing is the really annoying part, anyone else had this problem yet?

#4 nitz0

nitz0

3 Strike Mod Abuser

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:360RepairKings.Com Repairing and Modding Xbox 360's!!<br /><br />http://360RepairKings.Com
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:43 PM

Yeah it would be the same thing as if you had a standard a/v cable and kept unplugging it/plugging it back in(signal). It will reboot itself every time you would loose/pick up signal again(unplug/plug in). Seeing how you have HDMI that's always plugged in, it just looses signal from the tv/xbox-hdmi.

#5 Sonic-NKT

Sonic-NKT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

ah ok, that makes sense... but it is really annoying.... :-/
sh***, have to stick with vga then... not being able to change the input on tv or switch the thing of is a no go...

#6 nitz0

nitz0

3 Strike Mod Abuser

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:360RepairKings.Com Repairing and Modding Xbox 360's!!<br /><br />http://360RepairKings.Com

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:00 PM

Yeah that would drive me crazy. Especially if you can't just pause and watch tv!

#7 Sonic-NKT

Sonic-NKT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:30 PM

Is this really normal or has it something to do with my TV and or the jtag hack.
i cant believe that MS would not do anything against this....
it really make HDMI unuseable for me.

#8 nitz0

nitz0

3 Strike Mod Abuser

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:48 PM

My HDTV never did that tho tongue.gif Try your box on another HDTV if you have access just to see if its your box or TV.

#9 drewis

drewis

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:47 AM

are you using the ms hdmi cable set ? or are u using the two cables hdmi and te composite for sound?? this happens because of the handshaking on your tv to the xbox. it used to happen to me until I modded the second plug (the a/v) to not reset. let me know if youre using two sets of cords at once at the back. for instance I use the turtle beach headset and the hdmi cord.

#10 Sonic-NKT

Sonic-NKT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:08 PM

im using an third party standard hdmi cable + a selfmade (VGA + Sterero Audio Cable)....
because i want the sound on my Audio system... will try without the cable in the AV port .
thank you for your advise...

#11 Sonic-NKT

Sonic-NKT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:25 AM

hey, i tried it without the AV cable for sound and the reset problem doesnt occur anymore...
thank you very much! smile.gif
but, what is the modification you have done to get it working with a AV Cable + HDMI? that would help me very much smile.gif

#12 dcrvx2k

dcrvx2k

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:34 PM

Does your home made AV cable out put to VGA? If it does you will have to add a switch to it so you can change to Component HD. This will trick the xbox into thinking an HD cable is plugged in and not reset your HDMI connection. The switch will ground pin 20 for VGA and pin 24 for comp. If you do not need to switch then ground only pin 24.

#13 RedFarmer

RedFarmer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE(dcrvx2k @ Jun 9 2010, 10:34 PM) View Post

Does your home made AV cable out put to VGA? If it does you will have to add a switch to it so you can change to Component HD. This will trick the xbox into thinking an HD cable is plugged in and not reset your HDMI connection. The switch will ground pin 20 for VGA and pin 24 for comp. If you do not need to switch then ground only pin 24.

I have the same problem!

I guess this trick can't be done with the cheaper composite cable as it's a low res cable?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users