• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Raverrevolution

Raverrevolution

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:44 PM

So I have 2 xboxs that are both fitted with xecuter 3ce modchips and recently a friend of mine purchased an xbox to have me mod for him. I have never softmodded before, but it looks easy. My question for anyone out there is if I can make the process super easy using a modded xbox to softmod another one.

Would I technically be able to do something like this, but not exact;

1)Take HDD out of new virgin xbox and place it in one with the X3.

2)Ftp to X3 xbox and some how install ndure if possible.

3)Place HDD back in the virgin xbox and run the system softmodded.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:35 AM

No. The eeproms wouldn't match, so you wouldn't be able to lock the disk from your friend's Xbox.

#3 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:09 AM

You would have to either temporarily install the modchip into the xbox to be softmodded to ftp the exploit package, or use an eeprom reader to get it's eeprom. If using the reader method, dump and then convert the eeprom to the version of the hardmodded xbox and then flash it to the hard modded xbox. Then, Install the HD from the virgin box into the hardmod box, boot it and FTP the exploit package to it. Make sure the drive is locked, pull the HD out, throw it in the virgin box and softmod. If using the chip swap method, boot the virgin box with the chip installed, FTP the exploit over, remove the chip and activate the exploit.

Sounds like a lot of work but all this can be done in about 20 minutes assuming either you have an eeprom reader, or the virgin box is pre-1.6. If it is a 1.6, add extra time for LPC rebuild and modchip installation if no reader is available.

Edited by xboxmods2977, 27 May 2010 - 02:15 AM.

#4 Raverrevolution

Raverrevolution

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:52 AM

biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot for your replies!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users