ninja friend

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 July 2003 - 07:51 PM

I want to flash my X2.1 Lite modchip with a new bios, but I apparently do not have the option to do this through EVox (I guess I'm running an older version of Evox w/o that utility?).
If I swap in a new HDD (I plan on doing that), and boot with an up-to-date vesion of Evox, will I then be able to flash through Evox?
I am so friggin lost.

#2 trob

trob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 08:05 PM

dont use evox use flashX. Evox flashes your whole chip. If you have a bad flash your screwed. Using FlashX you can flash one bank at a time. Once you verify a successful flash on one bank you can flash the other if you want.

#3 Champ189WS

Champ189WS

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 03:29 AM

hes right use flashx. (I dont know how many times trob has posted this. He's got to be tired sleeping.gif of it)

#4 ninja friend

ninja friend

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 04:49 AM

Thanks for the info, I will try to track down FlashX.

#5 ninja friend

ninja friend

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 07:55 PM

Just curious- when you say "bad flash", does that indicate a ban bios .bin, or that the app doesn't work properly? Meaning, if I'm going to flash with a bios file that I know works, can Evox still cause problems? And does the Evox flash end up causing problems for people often?

#6 trob

trob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 08:05 PM

When evox flashes your bios, it first erases the whole flash and then it writes the new bios. If for some reason part of your .bin is screwy or not the correct size you are screwed, because after it writes the new bios it reboots your xbox. Also if for some reason you loose power durring the flash upgrade your screwed. FlashX will bank flash so you can always have one bank to fall back on.

#7 novaisgod

novaisgod

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 08:10 PM

so what i have to do is get the programer and reflash my bios

#8 ninja friend

ninja friend

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 08:40 PM

Thanks Trob, you are very helpful, and I appreciate your replies.

#9 nix2k

nix2k

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 08:14 AM

However, if you really want to use evox, just make a directory on your xbox called bios (c:bios). Put whatever bios you want to flash there (you can have as many as you feel like having there), and go to System Utils. Should be a "Flash BIOS" option there. Select the bios you want to flash, and press Y.

#10 fldude2k1

fldude2k1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 July 2003 - 02:44 PM

I also would like to mention that u cant flash bank 4 on XBOX versions 1.1 or up I think. Only on XBOX 1.0s.

#11 eagles79

eagles79

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 05:27 PM

Flash x will flash the bios while installed in the xbox? Where do you find this?

#12 ninja friend

ninja friend

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 08:31 PM

Thanks Nix- if I cant find FlashX after installing a new HD, I will go ahead and do that. I guess I would just need the 256k bin file, and it knows what to do from there? Or would I need to convert it into 1024 first? All this crap makes me dizzy.
But thanks for the tip, hopefully someday I will have an Xbox that is up to my standards. I guess I also need to hunt down a recent version of Evox too, since mine is missing the "Flash Bios" option...
Anyway, thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users