Photo

How To Convert Xwb Audio Files Into Listenable Music?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vibezone

vibezone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:27 AM

Hi, I'm an ignorant software noob who needs enlightenment on how to convert xwb audio files into a listenable music file format.

So far, I've used a modded xbox to rip the xwb audio files from the xbox game "The Warriors".

I have the data on my computer hdd. I just need a way to convert those xwb files into something like wav, mp3, flac, or whatever.

I downloaded several xwb converters, but the result was either, 1 xwb file produced a thousand 1 second long wav files, or the xwb file was converted into a single adpcm file.

I looked for an adpcm file converter, but none of the converters worked. I downloaded this link:
http://dwl.xbox-scen...adpcm_codec.rar

But when I tried to install it, I got a notpad message saying:
AdvancedINF = 2.5, "Your setup subsystem is outdated. Please install IE 3.01 or greater."

------------
I would be very grateful for anyone's help!!

#2 vibezone

vibezone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:36 AM

Ok, I figured out the problem with the xbadpcm codec in the link. After you unpack it, you can't click on the file to install it. You need to right click on the file and hit install. I'm operating on Vista, and for some reason the option to right click "install" didn't appear in the cursor menu. Anyway, I got the install option to appear, and I installed it, but I can't access the Audio Codecs through the Device Manager as per the instructions.

Apparently audio codecs are arranged differently on Vista.

So I tried the the xbadpcm codec out on my older XP computer, and it installed fine, and I was able to follow the audio codec directions.

Also, due to my ignorance I didn't realize that the xwb converter EkszBox-ABX 1.6 works perfectly fine. Most of the output files (1 xwb file turned into 1000 .wav files) are indeed 1 second long, but a few are several minutes long. So there you go. tongue.gif

On my XP computer, I used dBpowerAMP Music Converter to convert the xbox .wav (which were spit out by the EkszBox-ABX xwb file converter) into mp3s and it translated perfectly.

So, my new questions are these: Is it possible to properly install the xbadpcm codec on Vista? And how do I access the true names of the audio files? I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of nameless mp3s.

Edited by vibezone, 27 May 2010 - 09:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users