• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 punktilend

punktilend

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:good seller/repair: BIMPtacular(Wii d2b chip cut pin repair)
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:56 PM

OK, so I have been hunting down parts online for me to make my own USB flasher and in order to do so i need to build the programer first. I have found most of all the parts except the 47-100 uF 15V Capacitor. Now I understand that it is between 47 and 100 UF but I cannot find one that is with in that and 15v my question is would it be ok to get a capacitor that is 100UF and 16v? or is there anyone else who has made the programers with some other cap. thanks

#2 insanity4all

insanity4all

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:14 AM

Capacitors in a parallel configuration each have the same applied voltage. Their capacitances add up.

Connected in series, the separation distance, adds up. The capacitors each store instantaneous charge build-up equal to that of every other capacitor in the series. The total voltage difference from end to end is apportioned to each capacitor according to the inverse of its capacitance. The entire series acts as a capacitor smaller than any of its components

How about a link to the tutorial you're following, (schematic?) I'd stick to what-ever was written for you, and search harder. smile.gif I know your 360 is full of 100uf 16v! If you need one. Worthless knowledge I know. Remember, there isn't a hacker in the world whom hasn't caused smoke at least once. wink.gif

Edited by insanity4all, 28 May 2010 - 12:37 AM.

#3 punktilend

punktilend

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:good seller/repair: BIMPtacular(Wii d2b chip cut pin repair)
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:34 AM

Yeah no prob, http://dev360.wikia....and_SPI_Flasher

I'm just trying to gather up the parts for both of these, and I am having a hell of a time trying to figure out what exactly I need. Thanks for the help and insight.

#4 insanity4all

insanity4all

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:19 AM

go ahead, you'll be fine. Would I lie to you? Muah-aha-ha-ha ohmy.gif

I'd go for the 47-100uf you can find. You're only going to be sending 5v through the circuit, to flash the pic; regardless of 10v Vs. 16v

Edited by insanity4all, 28 May 2010 - 02:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users