• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 retro-lover

retro-lover

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:54 AM

My Xbox board is a v1.0 and it was made in Mexico. I previously had a 1.0 that was made in Hungary that I used for years.

I've noticed that my new board (the one made in Mexico) has a very weird issue with sound. The right sound channel is significantly lower than the left sound channel. The board is clean. It has been upgraded from trusty to support a 1Ghz CPU + 128Mb ram. The tsop was flashed with the X2 5035 bios. I took my previous hdd from my other Xbox and put it in with all my previous apps already installed on it.

What can I do about this? Anyone have any idea what could be causing the issue?? I have my same hookups from before. All I did was take out the Component cable jack and power cord from the console before installing the board from trusty. Then once I assembled the board, I plugged the cables back into the console. I never disconnected them from my monitor or powercenter. I use a Monster Powercenter HT700 surge protector. Always have.

I'd really appreciate any help you guys may be able to give me. uhh.gif

#2 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:12 AM

The first thing that comes in my mind is the AV connector on the back of the xbox. Sometimes the contacts are a little oxidated and that causes bad contacts. If you happen to have it on one of the audio output pin's, it could be the problem. It sure wouldn't hurt to try another AV cable, even a simple composite one just to see if that fixes the audio issue.

Another thing you can try is switching the left and right channel. See if the problem moves to the other channel as well. (Usually the red and white cinch plug's)

It's also possible that something is broken on the mobo. You should find 2 identical audio amplifier circuits for both left and right channels. If one of them isn't functioning properly, you will have your problem. The only way to find out for sure is feeding the circuits with a constant sinewave and measuring the signals with a scope to see if they are identical. As there are no detailed schematics of the xbox mobo, it's not an easy job to do.

regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users