• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ya7VkeeFa7V

Ya7VkeeFa7V

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:04 PM

ok I did a led mod and after I finished everything the controller would not turn on. The only way it shows any signs of life is when i plug it in via usb, but that only makes it look like its charging. I tried to do the reset thing ,but that didn't work. Can someone please HELP ME.

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 May 2010 - 04:30 PM

Odds are the issue is either right around or exactly what you did to it, solder bridge, damaged trace, etc., or if it's one of the newer version controllers the small black foam piece that keeps the Daughter board connections (for all of the buttons) making contact fell out while working on it.

IPB Image

#3 Ya7VkeeFa7V

Ya7VkeeFa7V

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 09:50 PM

that black foam piece did fall out but i put it back on so im not really sure what it can be because like i said before it does turn on when you connect it to the usb cable

#4 Ya7VkeeFa7V

Ya7VkeeFa7V

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:27 AM

I still have not been able to fix this. Can someone please give me a little help in trying to fix this

#5 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:44 AM

This isn't a live help forum, it takes a bit longer than a day or more sometimes before someone might even see the post, let alone have the correct answer for it based on what little information you've given about the problem.

Undo whatever it is that you did to it and then see how it acts. This is a basic rule of troubleshooting that everyone should understand, it worked, you messed with it, and now it doesn't, so there's a 99% or so chance the issue is there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users