• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 qe2eqe

qe2eqe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:50 AM

I'm going to try and bug test things so they work on all xboxs. Even if all your xbox's use the same exact exploit, your kernel and bios are going to vary between box revisions. To rid this variance, I'm going to use the phoenix bios loader to hopefully homogenize the i/o between boxes.

Ideas appreciated.

So far, It looks like Nkpatcher for a certain revision is in the lead with best compatibility -- any ideas how to save this as something I could load with PBL?

My compatibility test so far is only Surreal645.3CE+Star Fox.1964.Rice6.12. I've seen anecdotes about GTAVC and Crimson Skies being bios sensitive games, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

#2 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:42 PM

Not exactly sure what you are trying to do but AFAIK, the X2 5035 bios works with all version xboxes.

#3 qe2eqe

qe2eqe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:10 AM

So does the m8+, apparently... I'm trying to work out which bios's have which ramifications when it comes to playing games.

For starters, a certain rom in a certain emulator fails with one bios, but not another.

#4 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:35 AM

Oh? I didn't know this. I would be interested in your findings!

#5 qe2eqe

qe2eqe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:23 PM

Turns out even the terminology was wrong. I imagine it's the difference in the running kernels causing these problems. I haven't had any success using alternates for PBL, and I haven't seen anything as compatible as SID's nkpatcher11 (haven't tested other versions). Finally, when non-nkpatcher is in order, I chose the x2 4977, because it seems to 'take stock of a big drive' when necessary, and not just on xbmc load.

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:55 PM

X2.4981 is newer, and has LBA48 support for large drives, as do iND-BIOS.5003, Evox M8+, and X2.5035. They all "take stock of a big drive" whenever they are loaded, not just when XBMC runs. XBMC simply uses the partitions presented to it by the BIOS, it doesn't change the way the disk is handled. So, which BIOS did you find that you believe exhibited this problem?

and I haven't seen anything as compatible as SID's nkpatcher11 (haven't tested other versions).
That's an interesting piece of self-fulfilling logic - you are unlikely to see any other compatible versions if you haven't tested them! If you're going to make claims like this then you should test all three major NKPatcher based softmods (SID, Krayzie, Kingroach) with your problem ROM/Emulator combination. More importantly, compatible with what - you haven't defined how you assess that any of the BIOSes or BIOS patchers is compatible?

FYI, NKPatcher in Krayzie and Kingroach is essentially the same as NKPatcher in SID, but if there are any differences in the way they support applications it would be useful to document them here.

More generally, can you share details of the specific problem you are trying to solve? Which ROM in which emulator fails with which BIOS? Which BIOSes did you test before concluding that the old X2.4977 was the best? Which ones passed, and which ones failed?

Edited by Heimdall, 20 July 2010 - 01:56 PM.

#7 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:20 AM

Yea...

What he said. laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic