• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 smoothness55

smoothness55

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:50 AM

Hi i let my cousin borrow my xbox and now it won't load up to the dashboard not the (ms dashboard). it loads up only to ms dashboard now, i tried to ftp into it through windows and through other apps and nothing works. I am trying to figure out if it is a soft mod or hard mod. my xbox has a motherboard chip right underneath the controller port with 3 little switches and an led light that goes green or red when i turn move the very left switch...i tried to play with the switches thinking it was maybe that but it wasnt. How could i tell what kind of mod it is without wasting your time and helping me with something that wont work because of the type of mod.

Thanks.

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:50 AM

Having a switch means that it is a 99.99% chance that it is a hard mod with a chip. Get Slayer's, burn to CD or DVD and boot it. It should get you FTP access. FTP C and E to the PC for safe keeping. From there you can rebuild the C drive with the modded dash of your choice.

#3 smoothness55

smoothness55

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:36 PM

Alright thanks alot man i will try that and post if there is any problems

#4 smoothness55

smoothness55

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:08 AM

I tried that and my xbox says "please insert an xbox game"... im wondering if it has to do with the three switches they say " on/ off, protection and bay1/ bay2"...

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:27 AM

Do you get the same results with the switches in different positions?

Make sure the cable is firmly plugged in to the switch bank. Ignore the "protection" switch, between the on/off and bank 1 / bank 2 switches there are only four possible combinations - try them all and see what happens.

#6 smoothness55

smoothness55

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:17 PM

Yeah i get the same results every time. i tried burning it to different brands of cd's and dvd's and i get the same error "that the disk cannot be recognized"... i have no clue what to do from here i can't even do a clean install of a dashboard or ftp into it.

#7 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderator
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:43 AM

It may be that the DVD drive went out.

When you put the switches in different positions, what happens when you boot up?

#8 smoothness55

smoothness55

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:37 PM

it boots to ms dash and tells me that it cannot recognize the dvd or cd and if i try to go into any settings it tells me to update live and it starts to update

#9 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderator
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:45 PM

It looks like you will need to replace the DVD drive to get this going. You can borrow one from a working Xbox if you have access to it. You should then be able to flip the switch and boot with Slayer's.

#10 smoothness55

smoothness55

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:01 AM

alright thanks alot man i will try that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users