10 replies to this topic

#1 Daylight95

Daylight95

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:43 PM

Hi,
well basically i have been attempting the jtag hack this week. and i had my lpt cable all made and my soldering of the jtag po9ints all done on my falcon motherboard. i read the nand a few times making sure i got a good dump. then i installed xell to my image using coolshrimps jtag tool soon after installing xell and retrieving my cpu key i proceeded to install freeboot.. but what do you know? nandpro could not detect a flash controller. fatal error. i was pissed off. i checked all my soldering and attempted again. still, nandpro could not detect a flash controller. i desolderd and resolderd everything, but got the same result. i called it a day and this morning i went to my brother computer, installed port95 turned off uac restarted. plugged everything up and boom.. could not detect a flash controller. i proceeded to desolder all my resistors on the lpt and try again. and again no luck. what am i to do?

#2 pink1

pink1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:29 PM

you can use Gentoo Linux this is the guide http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=701315

#3 Daylight95

Daylight95

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE(pink1 @ Jun 2 2010, 02:29 PM) View Post

you can use Gentoo Linux this is the guide http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=701315

i tired the gentoo method but my 360 wont boot into gentoo for some reason

#4 pink1

pink1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:52 PM

will it boot in to xell or xellous?

#5 Daylight95

Daylight95

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE(pink1 @ Jun 2 2010, 11:52 PM) View Post

will it boot in to xell or xellous?

it boots into xell. and jsut to add my dvd drive for this console does not have the correct drive key

#6 barnhilltrckn

barnhilltrckn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE(Daylight95 @ Jun 3 2010, 01:35 PM) View Post

it boots into xell. and jsut to add my dvd drive for this console does not have the correct drive key

Well if it boots into xell then update to xellous. since you using the original hack take the xellous xell-1f.bin file and rename it to updxell.bin and put it on the root of your usb drive. when you boot xell it should find the file then it will update.

Then use the freeboot image that you have made on your computer, put it on the flash drive just as you did the xellous update but instead of renaming it updxell.bin, rename it to updflash. it should then flash your nand and you should boot into freeboot if you built a proper image. hope this helps. cool.gif

edit: the dvd drive will not matter until you try and play a game. the dvd drive is not needed to do all this.

Edited by barnhilltrckn, 03 June 2010 - 10:02 PM.

#7 Daylight95

Daylight95

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE(barnhilltrckn @ Jun 3 2010, 10:00 PM) View Post

Well if it boots into xell then update to xellous. since you using the original hack take the xellous xell-1f.bin file and rename it to updxell.bin and put it on the root of your usb drive. when you boot xell it should find the file then it will update.

Then use the freeboot image that you have made on your computer, put it on the flash drive just as you did the xellous update but instead of renaming it updxell.bin, rename it to updflash. it should then flash your nand and you should boot into freeboot if you built a proper image. hope this helps. cool.gif

edit: the dvd drive will not matter until you try and play a game. the dvd drive is not needed to do all this.

i tried this but the xbox will not longer boot.

#8 pink1

pink1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:37 PM

do you have your lpt cable solderd back on if not go ahead and try that you could get lucky I hope

#9 Daylight95

Daylight95

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE(pink1 @ Jun 4 2010, 04:37 PM) View Post

do you have your lpt cable solderd back on if not go ahead and try that you could get lucky I hope
i tried again on both my pc's. but still no luck. it jsut wont show up. i even tried powering the nand with a external 5v

#10 pink1

pink1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:26 PM

did you find this has alot of different things to try http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=691497
i forgot the link

Edited by pink1, 04 June 2010 - 05:28 PM.

#11 c_b_n

c_b_n

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE(Daylight95 @ Jun 4 2010, 05:17 PM) View Post

i tried again on both my pc's. but still no luck. it jsut wont show up. i even tried powering the nand with a external 5v

Listen, you said that it would boot into Xell. You should have it connected via VGA/composite and use the eject button to boot. Why does it no longer boot into Xell?

When you say it wont boot, what actually happens? Does the machine turn on? Any lights? Can you sync a pad to the box? Does the green power light flash continually?

If you want someone to help you out you need to pay attention to what is being said and give full descriptions of what you have done and what is happening.

Doing an Xbox360 is not for beginners and there are lots of ways you can screw things up. In your original post you said you got two dumps, did you check that these were identical?

There must be something you are overlooking - make sure the xbox has power when trying to dump the nand (but not switched on), check your LPT cable (ie re cut all the wires in-case there is a break somewhere). Check your wiring!

I would recommend following this tutorial as you only need to read the first 2megs of the nand : http://docs.google.c...mv5h_186pp2zddm

I've done quite a few boxes now (30+) and have had little niggles, but they were only due to me overlooking something, I've not came across one yet which had the correct requirements, that wouldn't work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users