11 replies to this topic

#1 omegastar

omegastar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:02 PM

I know that if I sign into xbox live with XBR or Freeboot I will get banned in a matter of minutes/hours. But I want to know if going to network settings will cause the same thing? Even if you running the connection test where it tests xbox live. I have Live blocked in settings but when I goto network connections with cable plugged in without running tests it displays xbox live is up and running.

#2 Haygar

Haygar

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:54 PM

Not sure, but I think any connection is risky. I'm not sure if they log that sort of stuff and can go back and check in their coffee break and 'BAM'!

#3 bamarquez226

bamarquez226

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:24 AM

You'll be okay.

As long as you have the console settings not to log into Live you'll be okay.

You can also block the IP addresses of the console from being able to get internet access.

#4 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

Doing a network test will not get you banned - doing a Live test will. It always says that Xbox Live is up and running, because it simply looks for the service itself, without sending any information about your console. Even if you're on a banned console, if Xbox Live isn't down at the time, it will say up and running.

#5 red_ring_of_box

red_ring_of_box

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:25 PM

I just test for PC connection on my jtag and it ends up connecting me right to my router then I know I'm good for ftping and the such. I also have all the ports blocked on my router as well for my jtag and have it set to use a static IP address so it always stays the same. wink.gif

#6 juggahax0r

juggahax0r

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:53 PM

Here is my 2 cents and what i do. Set static Ip like you have , and set your gateway to be your PC ip address, solves everything and you don't have to block all your ports. This means the 360 will not be able to get to the internet at all , I don't do it anymore i just don't have any Live profiles on my Jtag so i don't have to orry about connecting anymore.

#7 F1LTER

F1LTER

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:57 PM

Or use a bogus Gateway if your computer and 360 are on the same subnet just to make sure. If some cases where internet connection sharing is turned on using your computer as the gateway might just work to access outside.

#8 xxSnakeEyesxx

xxSnakeEyesxx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:00 AM

Why do you need to use the xbox "connection test"? Just set your IP on auto and it should see your network.

Edited by xxSnakeEyesxx, 09 June 2010 - 01:06 AM.

#9 Shroomzor

Shroomzor

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Chicks
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:08 PM

Here is what I don't get, people with Jtag'd xbox's never go online for fear of being banned, but if they never go online in the first place, then why be afraid of a ban?

I mean if you have a Jtag, then can't you run like a MW2 lobby, get some money then when you get banned, just play offline like you have been doing?

#10 xxSnakeEyesxx

xxSnakeEyesxx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:13 PM

He want to save his KV for a rainy day. Down the road there might be something cool you can do on future games he might be willing to get his KV ban for.

My only concern is by that time MS might be able to do instant ban on jtag and his KV would be useless.

#11 InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:55 PM

I think there is some list in the 360's nand about what consoles have had there keys revoked so they can no longer sign savegames and such? Maybe if your banned now your console will be on that list in the future so anything saved on your jtag would never work on your legit console.

Just a thought I have no idea if that could or would happen but I think its a good enough reason not to get banned if you use multiple consoles. I know you can resign profiles / saves but that would become a bit of a pain if you do it often.

#12 Haygar

Haygar

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:26 AM

First off, sorry to bump an old thread.

Now with dashlaunch having liveblock and livestrong integrated what are the risks?

I know people having problems with covers, etc on freestyle need to set their launch.ini for liveblock=true and livestrong=false but will this allow any connections to Microsoft for a potential ban?

I like to have all the features of fsd enabled and have no desire to use Live, just a nice-to-know thing.

On a side note if I were to use a donor nand from some rrod (and also banned) consoles I have lying around, could I use these to change the identity of the not-yet banned console so as to preserve the original identity?
Will this change the serial to that of the donor console?
Haven't had to play around with donor nands yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users