13 replies to this topic

#1 GIANTnewb

GIANTnewb

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 10:46 PM

Ive followed all the tutorials i can find about this and it never seems to work. Ok sao i get the chip installed and than the flash bios (cromwell) screen comes up, and at the bottom it says insert cd with Bios update.ive burned the cd/rw with the bios in iso form that i made with ultra iso i also added a 40 mb file for "fluffing" so i burn the iso with nero with disk at once and 2x write speed now when i put it in it says the cd name than says no bios found halt. oh and i renamed the bios to bios.bin..could anyone post some suggestions or whether i missed a step im jsut lost ive been looking for awhile now. thanks to make it easy ill let you know what ways i tried.

-ozx flash method..could never get the ozx cd to run
-programming with cord..i got a too long cord and got errors and it ddint flash it, and i tried plugging directly in the back of the computer wayy to much of a pain and when i finallly did it couldnt find the chip
any help..PLEASE!!

Edited by GIANTnewb, 01 July 2003 - 10:53 PM.

#2 thetruth

thetruth

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 11:11 PM

Should have got the LITE.

LITE = NEWBIE
PRO = PRO

If you're determined, make sure the chip is on and switch four is ON. Boot up the box (it doesn't matter what screen comes on). connect the LPT's together and run XBM. Hit test and see if you get the d1 05 or whatever (the right info is on this board). I couldn't do it because my printer port was disabled in the BIOS so I had to enable it and adjust the Interrupt range. So give that a try. Mine was 378 by default.

If you don't understand what I'm saying, sell your chip on the buy/sell forum and order the LITE. It's much easier.

Hope that helped.

#3 trob

trob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 11:13 PM

It does sound like your read up on the tutorial, thanks for doing that first. From my experience you have to load up ozxflash first. It contains the linux.cfg or whatever you need. Make sure you get the latest version and burn it the same way...ISO to Nero 2x on cdrw. Try this again and continue with the tutorial.

#4 GIANTnewb

GIANTnewb

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 11:15 PM

no i got all that, and yes i definatly should have got the lite...but i got the pro so im definalty going to have to figure it out well thanks for the help ill take your advice

#5 trob

trob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 11:32 PM

Yea, PM me if you end up wanting to sell your pro, but I think you can figure it out. Just make sure you get the ozxflash disk working. I've seen verbatim, iomation, and compusa cdrws work. Are you getting anything out of the ozxflash disk?

#6 GIANTnewb

GIANTnewb

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 12:11 AM

no i havent been able to get it to do anything i pu the cd in when the flashbios cromwell screen is up asking for the bios update and it just says no bios found halting so i tried jsut putting the bios cd in and that also didnt work same message..

#7 trob

trob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 12:14 AM

ahh, so your cromwell does not search for linuxboot.cfg? Is it doing something else?

#8 GIANTnewb

GIANTnewb

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 12:23 AM

yeah doesnt seem like it looks for it, it just says insert cd with bios update...im thinking i should jsut go back to trying to use the ltp cord and everything but i need to get a cord shorter than 3ft because i got it to right with a 6ft cord but it failed at 100% and i checked it it didnt manage to flash the chi. so i might jsut have to wait untill i can get somewhere to get a 3ft ltp cord..probably be best unless i cang et this way figured out..but its not looking good

Edited by GIANTnewb, 02 July 2003 - 12:28 AM.

#9 vidgms4me

vidgms4me

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 July 2003 - 12:26 AM

Then just insert the cd with the bios.

The bios must be called BIOS.BIN

If it doesn't read, include a 100mb+ dummy file called nero.dat

#10 GIANTnewb

GIANTnewb

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 12:30 AM

Then just insert the cd with the bios.

If it doesn't read, include a 100mb+ dummy file called nero.dat

do i ned to make it an iso and all? or jsut burn it as a normal cd witht he bios and nero.dat?

Edited by GIANTnewb, 02 July 2003 - 12:32 AM.

#11 vidgms4me

vidgms4me

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 July 2003 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (GIANTnewb @ Jul 1 2003, 09:30 PM)
[QUOTE]Then just insert the cd with the bios.

If it doesn't read, include a 100mb+ dummy file called nero.dat [QUOTE]
do i ned to make it an iso and all? or jsut burn it as a normal cd witht he bios and nero.dat?

Make an iso as instructed for the second disc in the tutorial. It should include the dummy info and stuff in the instructions.

#12 GIANTnewb

GIANTnewb

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 12:47 AM

still not getting it, it detects the cd so im burning it ok, it says the cd name than says no bios found halting i named the bio BIOS.BIN all caps..

#13 GIANTnewb

GIANTnewb

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 01:29 AM

Woo! I finally got the bios flashed using a cd-rw I used the method here http://teamxecuter.c...p?threadid=4182 so i got it flashed using newest xecuter bios, now it turns on and off twice and the led light in front blinks green and red. So my question is what do i do now?

#14 mysthang1

mysthang1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 05:01 AM

:blink:where did you get the FlashBIOS program? Just like you, I had problems flashing x2.1 pro. I'm going to try if FlashBIOS will work for me. Did you used cdrw or cdr? sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users