5 replies to this topic

#1 psilo357

psilo357

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:59 AM

I am trying to flash my xbox with the xecuter2 4981 bios. The box is a v1.4 with the winbond chip. I have already bridged the points, and got the save game all ready. I have got to the point where i boot into 007 Agent Under Fire, load my hacked gamesave, the screen goes black and the led goes orange, all good there.

However, now, when it try to telnet into it, it tells me 'cannot find route to host' or it just timesout. I have it connected to this computer through my router. i have changed the addresses to 192.168.0.* so that both my pc and the xbox end up on same subnet. Here is my current output from ifconfig:

inet addr:192.168.0.104 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0

So all of that is right. But for some reason, i just can't get in through telnet. Everything is setup. This will be the second xbox I have flashed, the first was a v1.1 and got the larger bios and different solder points, but other than that, it went just fine and no problems. If i can just get telnet into the box then i can finish up.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also, I do not know/think if it matters, but this xbox does seem to have been softmodded already. I just got it from a friend of mine for free since its been sitting at bottom of his closet forever and he had no use for it. Anyways, does having the softmod mean there is a disc of some sort or some other way for me to flash the TSOP? Should I even worry about flashing?

My goal is to install my 500gb HDD into the box, boot directly into XBMC as my dashboard, and play some of the old homebrew and emulated games I own. Any tips guys? Been a long time since I have posted, over 6 years i think smile.gif

Thanks for any replies

#2 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:50 AM

Simple. If the xbox is already softmodded, download raincoat 0.5 from the usual places and use that to flash instead of raincoat 0.7. No telnet required.

#3 psilo357

psilo357

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 03:34 PM

Thanks. Is there a guide somewhere on this? raincoat v0.5 comes with the actual save, so i just throw my bios in there without overriding with v0.7, and run the same exploit? How do i tell when its done, it just shuts off?

Thanks for the help, this will be great for my son!

#4 psilo357

psilo357

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:05 PM

So again I have been trying today, i tried things ilke the highway install pack, eurasia install disk, and it seems they just go to a screen with Tux on it and wait, nothing happens?

Do i need a keyboard for the no telnet method? I am having trouble finding out how to do this without telnet...any links would be great.

Thanks everyone

EDIT: Still working this out...I tried the 007 hack with raincoat with v0.5, but it still says i need to telnet. Tried some eurasia disks, highway disc, etc. Can't seem to get anything past where I launch into the exploit. If there is one that I launch in, and it runs the commands instead of me having to enter them through telnet, thats what I need. i was up until 3am figuring this last night and could never get it, and been at it for 2 hours this morning...any help or links to what i need to do would be great, I feel like i have tried almost everything out there.

thanks

Edited by psilo357, 06 June 2010 - 05:15 PM.

#5 psilo357

psilo357

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:38 PM

Alright, more trying, more failing.

For some reason, the hack will not setup the port when it is run. I tried it today by manually configuring the network adapter on my computer and using a crossover cable, still no go, connected back to router and tried to check that IP in the router and also FTP into it, says no route. I can however ftp in with no problem when evox is running, so the network adapter in the xbox is working fine.

One thing is that i can hear no sound when i run the hack, but the screen does turn black and the ring amber. If i run hacked saves that boot into evox those also work fine.

What I am asking for is a way to flash this winbond chip WITHOUT using telnet. Is there a way, what disc, what save, etc? Any more specific help than 'just use raincoat v.5 after you boot evox' would be great. I looked into it, and the directions for it still say to use telnet, I have no clue why its not working, but its not, any more help would be great.

Thanks

#6 psilo357

psilo357

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:54 PM

Well, got it flashed just now, never got telnet to work, don't know why it wouldn't...i was able to get it flashed with

EurAsia Pro Generic Flash Disc v1.3

You just insert the 'flash' disc and it boots, once the tray ejects, put in the bios disc i burned following their directions, it flashes, ejects that, reboots, and done, way better than telnet...especially when it doesn't work. Maybe it was the softmod blocking it somehow? Anyways, its done...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users