• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 supersonik319

supersonik319

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:07 AM

I've gotten my hands on a cheap xbox, and I want to turn it into a linux server like I did my last. Last time I just did the easy exploit with 007, and booting into linux in a few hours. That box is now at home, and I'm in my dorm, so using that modded xbox is impossible.

The only problem with this xbox is that I get error code 16 whenever I boot it up. From searching, I managed to find out that this is pretty much a clock error, and repair involves lengthy processes of hotswapping and the like. My problem is that I don't have a PC with IDE ports =x

I'm no stranger to 30 gauge wire soldering, so I figured I'd try to bypass the problem by flashing the TSOP directly. Only problem is that all the tuts STILL require me to boot into dash to move memory card files around to finish the flash.

tl;dr Is there any way to turn my xbox into a linux box (cromwell flash) without having to repair error 16 first?

Edited by supersonik319, 08 June 2010 - 12:44 AM.

#2 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:27 AM

If you don't have a PC with IDE, then the only solution I can think of at present is to buy/borrow a modchip.

Edited by xboxmods2977, 08 June 2010 - 03:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users