israel13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:20 AM

How can I edit the fan speed for games? I have it set at 50% in XBMC but when I start a game it goes really slow, I think its about 20%. I dont have a modchip. Its a softmodded v1.2 xbox with retail bios 5101. I want to keep my xbox cool. any responses would be appreciated. + how can i mod my bios, what extra featurs do i get with a modded bios, i dont know anything about that bios stuff. thanks

Edited by israel13, 12 June 2010 - 05:21 AM.

#2 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:46 AM

You may be able to adjust fan speed in the bios used by your softmod also but I am no expert in softmods so you would have to wait for further insight from someone who is familiar with the inner workings of a softmod.

Another option is to flash your TSOP with iND 5003 bios. This bios allows you to adjust fan speed on a bios level, meaning it will stay where you set it regardless of the current dash/app/game running.

Aside from fan speed, this bios also supports a crap load of other options such as flubber color, animation speed up/slow down/skip, force 480p, custom MS logos, and more. These options are stored in a config file so if you want to change a bios setting, you just open the config file in a text editor and change what you want.

#3 israel13

israel13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:13 AM

How can I do that?

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:59 PM

You change the fan speed on softmod Xboxes differently depending on which softmod you used.

For Kingroach NDURE 3.1 you put a 1 byte file called fan.bin in E:\NKP11\ - see this post.

For Krayzie you need NKPatcher11_U04.rar. You edit config_runtime.inc to give the fan speed you want, then run make_runtime.bat to create NKP11_config.bin, which you rename config.bin, and put on the real C partition, in C:\nkpatcher\config.bin. However, to make your life easier, Krayzie comes with a number of pre-made config.bin files - just run Krayzie Extras, then select Further Customize - Main Dash - Orange LED - then the fan speed you want (normal, medium, high), then normal video.

I'm fairly certain that SID 5.1 also uses NKP11_config.bin, put on the real C in C:\SID5\config.bin

#5 israel13

israel13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:59 AM

I had done the Ndure softmod and i downloaded kingroach's fan.rar that had all the fan.bins for different fan speeds. i put the fan.bin that i wanted in E:/NKP11 and it worked. Thanks

Edited by israel13, 13 June 2010 - 07:00 AM.

#6 elastic_waistband

elastic_waistband

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jun 12 2010, 03:59 PM) View Post

You change the fan speed on softmod Xboxes differently depending on which softmod you used.

For Kingroach NDURE 3.1 you put a 1 byte file called fan.bin in E:\NKP11\ - see this post.

For Krayzie you need NKPatcher11_U04.rar. You edit config_runtime.inc to give the fan speed you want, then run make_runtime.bat to create NKP11_config.bin, which you rename config.bin, and put on the real C partition, in C:\nkpatcher\config.bin. However, to make your life easier, Krayzie comes with a number of pre-made config.bin files - just run Krayzie Extras, then select Further Customize - Main Dash - Orange LED - then the fan speed you want (normal, medium, high), then normal video.

I'm fairly certain that SID 5.1 also uses NKP11_config.bin, put on the real C in C:\SID5\config.bin

This is over two years old, I know, but it just helped me a lot and therefore I want to post a BIG THANK YOU!

I've soft-modded my XBOX via SID 5.1 and replaced the fan, but the box went too hot while playing games and I was searching for a way to change the fan speed in the bios. I've been searching for a really long time until I found this helpful thread/ post/ sentence. My SID5 folder is placed in R:, but from there it worked perfectly.

It took some time to find the NKPatcher11_U04.rar (.zip), I found one here (for the 1 or 2 other persons who may have the same problem and stumble across this via google, like I did): http://www.qfpost.co...6f583598ca59b13

So, THANK YOU!

(Good old XBOX is still a great Movie/Gaming-Center!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users