3 replies to this topic

#1 madmax22

madmax22

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:33 PM

I have tried a bunch of things to try and fix it and its still sticky. It opens fine after its bout 1/4 the way out, but all before that it hardly moves, i have to take the faceplate off and pull it out. It opens all the way by itself after it hits that certain point, its like the parts that slides down before the tray ejects isnt coming down far enough or its getting stuck on something. I super glued a old resistor on it to pull instead of taking the faceplate off but it looks stupid, and id rather have a fully working box. My warantee is up and my case is see thru and you can see the inside of the disk drive but it has been this way for years... any one know wtf is going on???

#2 insanity4all

insanity4all

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:22 AM

It's probably the rubber band/o-ring in the drive (on the cogs) has become dirty, old-stretched. Replace it, I bought a $1 bag of Asst. rubberbands from the Dollar Store like two years ago, It's to the point where I need to buy another bag, the first one doesn't have any more small enough to double over and replace the bad band in the drive.

That is of course assuming you have your altered case lined up correctly. I have seen the Ghost cases, not put on perfectly "rub" up against the drive tray/bezel and prevent it from opening. But usually that's a none at all thing, and not a opens partially.

#3 thwack

thwack

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:37 AM

Yep - rubber band troubles - another tip, if you don't have a spare band, take off the existing one and pop into a cup of boiling water. Take out (avoiding burns), and leave to dry. It should have shrunk down a tiny bit, pop it back on and you're good to go.

#4 madmax22

madmax22

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:01 PM

i dont think its the rubber band as i have switched it with 3 other drives, but ill try boiling it. With the rubber band out it still seems as the laser assembely isnt droping down far enough before the disk is ejected. im stumped on this one...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users