6 replies to this topic

#1 ExitRooster

ExitRooster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:43 AM

Disclaimer: I'm an Xboxer.. nothing against the ps3, actually had a lot fun messing around with it, but budget leaves me without one.

So a friend of mine has one, been dead quite some time. Said it took his disc in, and played about 5 min and shut off. Can't get disc out, system isn't working.. Was out of warranty so it sat till he found out I do repairs.

Turns out it was the YLOD as ya'll call it. I baked the mobo ala several xbox360 RROD cases, and I'm happy to report it works now flawlessly. Tossed many an hour of gaming at it, as well as 3 solid days of Folding@home, which I assume works like it's PC counterpart (a great way to max/test your thermal properties).

So I went to put it all back together again.. Low and behold, the last part, the COVER of all things, is nto cooperating! The screw just drops into the hole. There's nothing for the screw to 'screw' into! Am hoping someone could provide me with some form of hi-res photo of their cover so I can see if something is missing. On the cover there is a little ledge which the screw goes through, and a square area behind that where I fear something (nut, plastic chunk??) should be but isn't. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

For the record - I swore after I fixed it something wasn't right.. Man, PS3's are MUCH quieter than their fellow 360 brotheren.. Anywho.. Thanks in advance for any photos/assistance you can provide!

eR

#2 ExitRooster

ExitRooster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:25 PM

ROFL 45 peeks into this post and no one knows what the screw on the case cover screws into? Please.. Help a brotha out!

#3 ExitRooster

ExitRooster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:30 PM

Lolz.. Could SOMEONE please snap a pic and post it here of their cover so I can see what holds the screw in place???

#4 JamReadyTeacups

JamReadyTeacups

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Cooking<br />LAN ing lots of PC games<br />Road trips across the country
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:35 AM

Hey dude, You might be able to find a high res photo on one of these 8 guides or the teardown.

http://www.ifixit.co...e/PlayStation_3

I really hope you are able to figure it out!

#5 mrtds

mrtds

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:58 PM

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

#6 RRODXbox

RRODXbox

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:51 PM

LOL, that bit has been bugging me for ages, I just refitted mine as I couldn't figure how it goes since it was out when I got a ps3.

#7 postal worker

postal worker

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:19 AM

i know this is a old post but he is missing the little metal clip that looks a J

IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users