3 replies to this topic

#1 mastertsip

mastertsip

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:02 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to play FIFA World Cup 2010 and got a "An update must be applied to your console" message.
I didn't proceed with the update since I'm thinking it may bring problems to my modded 360.

I have 2 questions related to this
1. Is it safe to proceed with the update off the FIFA World Cup game DVD? (burned it myself and abgx360 says it is "SplitVid 3rd wave"; also used the activate/boot disc in order to play it)
2. As an alternative is it safe to apply the MS 9919 update that can be downloaded from MS support site ?

I'm able to play wave4 games like Tekken6 and COD using the activate/boot disc.

Thanks

#2 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:58 AM

As long as your console isn't jtagged, which it sounds like you don't, go ahead and update you will be fine..

#3 mastertsip

mastertsip

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE(vb_encryption_vb @ Jun 16 2010, 09:58 AM) View Post

As long as your console isn't jtagged, which it sounds like you don't, go ahead and update you will be fine..

Thanks for the tip. So I can go either way? (via the game DVD or via the downloadable MS 9919 update)
Yes it isn't jtagged smile.gif

#4 mastertsip

mastertsip

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE(mastertsip @ Jun 16 2010, 10:35 AM) View Post

Thanks for the tip. So I can go either way? (via the game DVD or via the downloadable MS 9919 update)
Yes it isn't jtagged smile.gif

Tried the 2 options and both went fine biggrin.gif
But DivX video and AAC audio playback are still not ok (I dont want to risk having problems by connecting to Live to get the plugins). I guess I'll just stick to my good old black Xbox for multimedia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users