• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Flizc

Flizc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:32 PM

I got an DUOX 2 AMD chip (got it for free) when I start the xbox it starts then powerdown and starts and power down then the LEDs starts to blink green and red. The same with both banks. I think the bios files is corrupted, can I flash them externaly or can I flash it if I softmod the xbox and then put in the enigma flashdisc?

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:18 PM

If your Xbox is a 1.6 you could softmod then flash the chip with Evox or Eurasia, but that doesn't work for 1.0-1.5 Xboxes. I don't think there's an external DuoX2 programmer, so your only other option is to hotswap the chip into a working chipped Xbox, then flash it.

#3 Flizc

Flizc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jun 16 2010, 05:18 PM) View Post

If your Xbox is a 1.6 you could softmod then flash the chip with Evox or Eurasia, but that doesn't work for 1.0-1.5 Xboxes. I don't think there's an external DuoX2 programmer, so your only other option is to hotswap the chip into a working chipped Xbox, then flash it.

Okay, It's an 1.6b ^^
I hope it works ^^ will test when I get to my apartment where I got all stuff XD
I have to hotswap the hdd becuase I got error 16 too.

#4 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:19 PM

More than likely you installed the chip incorrectly. Recheck your solder points and make sure they're good.
It's extremely unlikely that the bios is corrupt on both banks, unless the chip was previously used and someone screwed up both banks.

#5 Flizc

Flizc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE(justtaint @ Jun 17 2010, 08:19 PM) View Post

More than likely you installed the chip incorrectly. Recheck your solder points and make sure they're good.
It's extremely unlikely that the bios is corrupt on both banks, unless the chip was previously used and someone screwed up both banks.

I got the xbox for free with the modchip installed, I have never used a modchip before, I will try to reflash it and hope it works ^^

#6 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE(Flizc @ Jun 17 2010, 05:33 PM) View Post

I got the xbox for free with the modchip installed, I have never used a modchip before, I will try to reflash it and hope it works ^^

That would have been good to know first.

Do you know that you have to start up the Xbox by holding down the power button (not the eject button) for 1 second? I assume yes, since you knew to try both banks of the modchip, but you never know. Also try the d0 point and Bt on both the modchip and the xbox. I'm guessing they just grounded d0 instead of connecting to modchip.

#7 Flizc

Flizc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE(justtaint @ Jun 18 2010, 12:50 AM) View Post

That would have been good to know first.

Do you know that you have to start up the Xbox by holding down the power button (not the eject button) for 1 second? I assume yes, since you knew to try both banks of the modchip, but you never know. Also try the d0 point and Bt on both the modchip and the xbox. I'm guessing they just grounded d0 instead of connecting to modchip.

True, my mistake.

Yeah I knew that.
http://www.kemple.us...uitboardpb4.gif
something like that is on the underside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users