7 replies to this topic

#1 lukenukem

lukenukem

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

Hi guys,

I have a chipped/modded XBOX1 that used to run EvolutionX. Its DVD-drive has been broken for years, but I just play games from the HDD so that has never been a problem.

A few weeks ago however, my HDD broke down rendering the XBOX useless. Now, I have a new ATA HDD from an old computer of mine. But as I can't run anything from the DVD-drive, I have no idea how to get the required software onto the new HDD.

So my question is: is there an alternative way to get the required stuff onto the new HDD? Or is my best bet trying to get the old DVD-drive to work, by cleaning the lens or whatever. (Which I fear has a small chance of succeeding)

And a second question: another problem I had while the XBOX still worked was that the XBOX was terribly slow. After pressing a button it could take seconds for the XBOX to respond. The problem continued while opening XBMC and emulators, but stopped as soon as I started an actual game (be it an XBOX-game or rom). Any suggestions as to where the problem came from?

Thanks for helping me out!

Edited by lukenukem, 20 June 2010 - 03:35 PM.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:02 PM

Use xboxhdm, but put a stock C plus evoxdash.xbe in C, and put evoxdash.xbe in E as well.

#3 lukenukem

lukenukem

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:24 PM

I have prepared the XboxHDM-disk to contain the following files:

C-drive:
evox.ini
evoxdash.xbe
Xbox.xtf
XBox Book.xtf
/Bios folder
/Skins folder

E-drive:
evoxdash.xbe (a copy of the file in the C-drive)
/TDATA empty folder
/UDATA empty folder

Will that be sufficient?

Edited by lukenukem, 20 June 2010 - 05:25 PM.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:36 PM

If it were mine I'd put UnleashX on there instead of Evox (but renamed evoxdash.xbe so the BIOS will load it), simply because UnleashX has a built-in file manager and a better FTP server. You don't need the .xtf files on C. Put evox.ini on E as well. I'd also put a complete clean C dash on C, but yours should be sufficient.

#5 lukenukem

lukenukem

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:51 PM

Thanks for helping me out, man. I really appreciate it.
I took your advice by heart and placed unleashx on the CD.
I renamed default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe and copied the file, together with config.xml, in both C and E.
I removed the other files and folders, except for UDATA and TDATA.

Please pardon my lack of knowledge, but is that what you mean by "a clean C dash"?

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

No, I mean the stock 5960 C dash. You can get it from CASH, Slayers or AID. It isn't essential, and you can FTP it across later. It's useful for changing video modes, enabling digital audio etc.

#7 lukenukem

lukenukem

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:10 PM

You're honestly a hero!
I'd normally try stuff like this out untill I succeed, but the only PC I have that has ATA-drives is a two hour drive away from my XBOX. I know I should've taken my XBOX with me, but it's too late for that now, haha. So I only have one shot at doing this right, or it'll cost me another 4 hours in my car.

Thanks a bunch for helping me out.

#8 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:50 PM

If you haven't set off yet, it might be wise to hedge your bets a bit. Take copies of UnleashX, rename them default.xbe, avalaunch.xbe, unleashx.xbe and xboxdash.xbe, and put them on C and E as well. Almost all hacked BIOSes are set to boot evoxdash.xbe, but there's no guarantee that whoever flashed your BIOS didn't change that......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users