X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
  • Interests:FMX, Drumming
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:32 PM

I have repaired well over 300 360's and have not heard of any of those systems giving the RROD again... so when my ps3 got the YLOD, I simply did a variation of my RROD fix. I just want to know what you guys think my chances of getting the YLOD again are? And yes, I fix 360's and use a ps3 as my personal console, ha, i hate 360's now.

Other quick questions. What's the difference between the YLOD and Red flashing error.

Is the no video error linked to the same processor problem also?

Basically, can YLOD, Red Flashing and No Video all be fixed through the same process?

#2 Jimmiles33

Jimmiles33

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:53 AM

Do you do reflows? If so make sure the board is heated evenly! If you do it properly all your graphics related errors/ylod should go away. Abd i alao advise using a laptop cooling pad to keep the bottom of the ps3 coolso the board dosent warp again. I know this because i also fix xboxes ajd use a ps3 skim as my personal console along with an xbox original console

#3 Khaine

Khaine

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Music, Gaming and Writing. I also repair consoles + other electronics when I have the time. :)
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:44 AM

It'll come back.

YLOD's fixed via reflow always seem to come back. The amount of time it takes depends on how you did the reflow. A hot air station seems to keep them going for about a month, while dark IR can keep them running for 1-3 months.

Your best bet is a reball with leaded solder, swapping the crappy 15 blade fan for a 19 blade, upping the speed of the fan and keeping the system well cleaned and well ventillated. I bought a YLOD and I managed to keep it running for about 6 months. I did reflow it again just to ensure the connections were still good, and I took it apart every month and cleaned it out with compressed air (once a week if I had been playing a lot of games on it).

The times I've mentioned just seem to be averages that I've found on other forums.

#4 falcon3601

falcon3601

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:09 AM

Well if you are using a reflow method,put some flux under the bge sites(cpu/gpu),then reflow it with a heat gun.After you reflowed it,take of the heatspreader from the gpu,and remove epoxy then place as5 on the gpu chip and use artic silver adhesive on the vram chips from were you removed the epoxy.Put the heatspreader back and now use as5 on cpu and gpu.Now if you do all this corectly it should last quite some time.But your best bet is reballing.

Edited by falcon3601, 30 July 2011 - 11:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users