• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AJfromMN

AJfromMN

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:01 AM

Hi, I have had ZsnexBox on my xbox for quite a while and have loved it thus far. I was wondering if you can use plugins on ZsnexBox for things such as translastions and rom hacks. I have been trying to use .jps files for a few games for translations but they do not seem to work. I have moved the file to a few different locations to see if it would work but it doesn't seem to work. I was wondering if this does work and if it could be because I have an older version and if it is not possible to do at this time does anyone know if it will be in the future? thanks this forum is a goldmine for modded xbox stuff glad I found it biggrin.gif

#2 cheema201

cheema201

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:49 PM

Why dont you just patch the game on your computer with those translation files you are talking about. I have only had problems with one game that I used a translation patch on, star ocean i think it was. Besides that the rest have run fine. And what do you mean by a hacked game? If you mean using gamesharks then there should be no problem there. Also I have made my own version of chrono trigger using temporal flux, which is an editing program, and that works fine.

I do not believe that there is any place in the emulator to hold seperate files that will load for a specific rom (I may be wrong) but I would just do anything that you need to on your pc, so that when you put the rom on your xbox it is a single file.

Good luck with it.

#3 Goveynetcom

Goveynetcom

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:25 AM

Some emulators support auto patching for .ips files, I haven't used the emulator enough to know whether or not it support its. Although I do know, that if it does support it, the rom and the .ips file have to the same name.
For example:
Japanese_Game.smc
Japanese_Game.ips

Game.swc
Game.ips

Remember it has to be exactly the same, and case sensitive.

Anyways, hope that helps. otherwise just patch the rom before transferring it! It's not like it's hard. Just google ".ips patching" or "Lunar IPS" or "IPSxp".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users