• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pugz18595

pugz18595

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:21 AM

I have the sata adapter and compatible 1tb HDD. I can usual telnet ok v1.6 when installing IDE drives but man this sata drive and adapter is giving me grief. I usually use chimp 2.4 to clone the drive. Does anyone have any ideas to get this drive going?
Thanks

#2 Harryt223

Harryt223

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:41 PM

Why don't you just build from scratch?

#3 pugz18595

pugz18595

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:14 AM

What do you mean build from scratch?
I have softmodded a few xboxs but this time trying to hook up a 1tb hdd and sata adapter isnt working. Can you softmod and upgrade to a 1tb? I've searched google and can't find much.
If you can softmod and are able to use 1tb sata with adapter can someone please let me know.
Thanks

#4 I Solar I

I Solar I

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:34 AM

im wanting to do the same thing. i found a 1TB drive that im wanting to buy, i also want to softmod it. ill be watching this one. from what ive read you usually have to buy multiple IDE - Sata connectors and youll have one thatll work

#5 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:43 AM

What problems are you having, exactly? "Not working" doesn't explain much, what is happening instead?

The console should at least be able to boot off the drive no matter what softmod you're using. Some older softmods may not be able to handle the F/G partitions correctly. The largest drive I've personally seen running in a softmodded rig was 1.5tb; the true upper limit (for either hardmods and softmods) is currently unknown.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=659887

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users