Photo

How Can I Tell If My Xbox Has A Bad Laser Or A Bad Flash?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mrwavefront

mrwavefront

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:30 PM

I just got a new (second hand) xbox 360 off ebay, the guy who I brought it from said that itís never been moded but the laser in the drive is faulty due to a lot of use so it canít read disks is there a way I can find if itís a bad laser or a bad flash before I splash out on a liteon flash kit? (im planning to spoof the key to an old Hitachi)
Cheers Wavefront

#2 nitz0

nitz0

3 Strike Mod Abuser

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:360RepairKings.Com Repairing and Modding Xbox 360's!!<br /><br />http://360RepairKings.Com
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 June 2010 - 05:07 PM

Horrible idea on replacing it with a Hitachi as Hitachi's suck. I doubt the drive has a bad flash. I would first try to adjust the POT on the dvd drive to around 3.2. I would then move onto replacing the laser or whole drive with matching drive and just solder the wires so you won't have to flash/spoof the drive.

If you have the money and want to go that route by all means go for it but first try to save by adjusting the POT on the laser. You can find tuts somewhere on it.

#3 RUiN114

RUiN114

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:15 PM

New lasers are dirt cheap on ebay, less then $15 shipped. First thing I would do is clean the lens.

#4 mrwavefront

mrwavefront

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:05 PM

Thanks for you help guys, i rely appreciate it ill try the POT adjustment and is that's no good ill move over to a new laser

thanks again for helping a nube

wavefront smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users