• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mangra

Mangra

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:59 PM

Hi. I'm writing from the UK and I am having problems with my first-ever hack.

I was trying to follow this tutorial (please have a look if you can):

http://www.boards.ie...hp?t=2055256404

I did everything correctly, followed the tuto until the "play the track and pause it". I did copy a music track to the HD and played it. When I paused and did the hotswap, I realized that my computer woudn't boot. It booted, I got the xboxhdm screen and when I pressed "1", it just rebooted. I tried many times and the same error occurred.

So I've given up trying to boot and hooked the HDD back to the XBOX - the console was still running. Then I accidentally pressed the controller button and the track played again, making the console crash.

Since then, my XBOX gets an error 7.

I don't know what happened, I don't understand well how the whole thing works. I am an advanced Windows user and a very good Linux user (I use Debian as my primary Operating System and Windows just for gaming on Virtual Machine). I am also very good with hardware but this "unlock and lock HDD" is very new to me and I never heard of it before.

I did try to set the HDD's jumpers to master, slave and CS and hook it to my PC but it's not recognized in the BIOS. When I skip the HDD detection and load Linux or Windows, none of them see the disk - and don't mount it, of course.

I forgot to mention that I don't have any backups.

I read a lot before starting the tuto but I didn't understand what is this bloody eeprom and I have no idea what to do now.

Any ideas? I can answer any questions you have. I'm pretty desperate and your help would be great.

Thanks

Edited by Mangra, 24 June 2010 - 04:01 PM.

#2 Noobster101

Noobster101

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:46 PM

I'm a noob as well, but I did that a few days ago too. But I just turned the xbox off when i pressed play accidentally and when it restarted it was ok and I had my fingers crossed.

Wish I could help ya... all i know is I got away with it somehow.

#3 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:46 PM

Sounds like your disk is fried. Check the disk and DVD IDE connections on your Xbox, make sure the disk is set to master. If it still won't work then you need to buy or build an eeprom reader to get the eeprom from the motherboard, and buy a new lockable hard disk.

Edited by Heimdall, 24 June 2010 - 05:48 PM.

#4 Noobster101

Noobster101

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:59 PM

Well reading the hot swapping method it did say it could kill your HD. I guess we all take a risk. I guess thats why they use chips or flashing?

#5 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE(Mangra @ Jun 24 2010, 10:59 PM) View Post
It booted, I got the xboxhdm screen and when I pressed "1", it just rebooted. I tried many times and the same error occurred.

Option 2 does effectively the same thing, but is much more likely to work.

QUOTE(Mangra @ Jun 24 2010, 10:59 PM) View Post
I read a lot before starting the tuto but I didn't understand what is this bloody eeprom

http://wiki-scene.co...m/EEPROM_(Xbox)

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jun 25 2010, 12:46 AM) View Post
Check the disk and DVD IDE connections on your Xbox, make sure the disk is set to master.

And when doing this, don't just make sure the cables are plugged in tight - look in the IDE socket on the HDD and make sure none of the pins are bent or broken.

If you're certain the HDD is hooked up correctly and the console still throws an 07, then you'll need a new HDD, and either a modchip or an EEPROM reader in order to get it installed. For what it's worth, the stock HDDs don't hold much data anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users