4 replies to this topic

#1 nuncio33

nuncio33

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:27 PM

Hi guys,

I have an xbox1 which i softmodded last year using splinter cell. I followed people's advice and upgraded the hard drive. Everything works great, it boots into EvoX and from there i use XBMC to do all the great stuff one does on this machine...

Last week I bought another xbox1, with the intention of using it in another room in the house. Today i tried to softmod but when i tried to run the exploit, rather than giving me a prompt to install the softmod, i am presented with a menu that reads "remove softmod, specify fonts, copy eeprom, settings, reboot and shutdown.

This leads me to the conclusion that the previous owner softmodded the machine, but somehow deactivated the softmod before selling the device, because when the xbox is switched on with no disk it just goes to the MS dash and NOT to EvoX or something similar. So every time i need to launch with the Splinter Cell DVD but always get to the same menu.

I tried to select the option to "remove softmod" but i am prompted to enter the original eeprom data which i do not have of course...

Is there anything i can do?

What i have is the following: The eeprom backup info for my other machine, its original harddrive and a brand new 400G harddrive that i was going to install in my new machine.

Any help would be much apreciated...

Thanks

nuncio

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:35 PM

It sounds as though you copied the gamesave from your first Xbox, and that's why you are getting the repair menu. Try again, but with a clean Krayzie 1.1.1 softmod gamesave, and it should work fine.

#3 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:35 PM

Sorry - double post. smile.gif

Edited by Heimdall, 24 June 2010 - 11:36 PM.

#4 nuncio33

nuncio33

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:24 AM

Hey Heimdall,

That's exactly what I did!! I will go ahead and retry with a "clean" gamesave.

I will post my progress. Thank you very much!

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jun 25 2010, 12:35 AM) View Post

It sounds as though you copied the gamesave from your first Xbox, and that's why you are getting the repair menu. Try again, but with a clean Krayzie 1.1.1 softmod gamesave, and it should work fine.

#5 nuncio33

nuncio33

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:00 PM

It worked!! Thanks a lot!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users