228 replies to this topic

#211 avpdav

avpdav

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE(sillybunnie @ Jun 28 2010, 07:52 PM) View Post

oh thats good to know. so whats with all this make money with a mw2 lobby? is the idea, take the jtag online, host a lobby for couple hours make some cash before you get banned? i'm not planning on going on live at all but is there any point in saving my KV from being banned? if ive never gone on live seems like i might as well go on, play for a couple hours then go back to never being online again. or is there a market for selling your KV to others? sorry for all the questions trying to understand if there is a good reason to stay unbanned, seems like you might as well go play, get banned then go back to no online again as thats what you were doing before anyway.

Don't get too excited. I tried to take my Jtag online (after I updated to freeboot) and the second it tried to connect during setup, I got a message saying it was banned for ToS violations. (I wanted to connect it so I could recover my XBL account and get some game updates, but oh well.) Your's could be banned just as fast.

#212 soulwarrior

soulwarrior

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE(FalconLTD @ Jul 6 2010, 04:55 PM) View Post

well ive got my laptop to 360 and bridged connections. kai says reachable. i am yet to try to forward the port to the laptop and not 360.

about the .ini file: what are your settings, I left default blank and had to add on [patches], is that necessary?

1. You don't even need to bridge the connections. Just do what i said above and it will work
2. My default is set to launch freestyle, and x launches xexmenu, and no you don't need to add anything to patches

#213 cramman

cramman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:13 AM

i've never put a [Patch] area in a launch.ini file

Just this:
[QuickLaunchButtons]
Default = LHdd:\Game\FreestyleDash.xex
BUT_X = LHdd:\Content\0000000000000000\C0DE9999\00080000\C0DE99990F586558

the min it booted FSD i was able to connect to games.

Just like ninja said use the Xellous dump.

There's a mini tut i did on page 10 that worked for me.

-=c

#214 holyjewsus

holyjewsus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:47 AM

anyone have any experience with this, dash launch seems to only boot with my ini, to fsd, when launch.xex is on my usb disk. I have it in the nand installed with flash_installer as well, but that doesnt seem to work. I have the .ini everywhere.

#215 theninjaway

theninjaway

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:23 AM

Well, scratch that, all of my games have been giving me problems with just having the TU. Grr, I have to go and patch each one as I go now, royal PITA.
The two games I've had problems connecting with are Borderlands and Blur, both times the hosts had pings >200 so I guess that must've been it.
@Holyjewsus
The priority for Dash Launch is USB>HDD>NAND.

#216 cramman

cramman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:59 AM

QUOTE(holyjewsus @ Jul 6 2010, 11:47 PM) View Post

anyone have any experience with this, dash launch seems to only boot with my ini, to fsd, when launch.xex is on my usb disk. I have it in the nand installed with flash_installer as well, but that doesnt seem to work. I have the .ini everywhere.

in my experience, having launch.xex on the root of my harddrive caused the box to freeze on bootup.
just need launch.ini on USB/HDD

launch.xex only on the nand with flash_installer.

i know this probably didn't help much but just my experience.

check to make sure your .ini's are all the same/accurate.

-=c

#217 Haygar

Haygar

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:49 AM

I don't even know whether launch.xex/launch.ini is needed for the Kxam.patch to work, as long as dashlaunch itself has been built into your freeboot image and you have the patch at HDD1/Kxam.patch.
All port forward info is available here http://portforward.com/
Choose your equipment,skip the ad, and after that right at the bottom is the Kai Link setup info

Edited by Haygar, 07 July 2010 - 11:15 AM.

#218 FalconLTD

FalconLTD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:37 PM

FINALLY, I got it to work!!! The prob was the port forwarding to pc and not xbox.
since i got 2 routers (adsl modem and linksys router), I just opened port 30000 onto the linksys router.
I bridged connection so the router indirectly assigns ip to my 360 automatically (and the port is open for all devices)
(note: tu6 is necessary in cod4mw2)

I have not tried any other game because no one is online.

anyway, thanks for the help, see you all on kai... cool.gif

Edited by FalconLTD, 07 July 2010 - 04:05 PM.

#219 LEON007

LEON007

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:55 PM

for me dash launch is not working. I can see the launch.xex on the flash and launch.ini on my root of my both internal and external drive. also its configure properly. holding X not booted to FSD. so clearly Dashlaunch not working. Can anyone shade some light??

#220 dustin6908

dustin6908

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:57 PM

deff works great

but the patch makes dash launch freeze sometimes sad.gif

#221 danthaman673

danthaman673

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:Modding and Gaming 24/7
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE(Twis7eD @ Jul 3 2010, 07:09 AM) View Post

I have FreeBOOT v.032, but I don't know if it has the correct patch that has dash launch installed on it. If I run the flash_installer, will it flash dash launch to my NAND or do I have to build a completely new image? Because I have no idea if I have dash launch already installed and I would just prefer to run the flash_installer instead of building a whole new image because I don't have my original NAND.

You shouldn't have to build a new image (especially if you had the nand option checked) And you will have to run the installer at least once or it(dashlaunch) won't be there.

QUOTE(avpdav @ Jul 7 2010, 07:42 AM) View Post

Don't get too excited. I tried to take my Jtag online (after I updated to freeboot) and the second it tried to connect during setup, I got a message saying it was banned for ToS violations. (I wanted to connect it so I could recover my XBL account and get some game updates, but oh well.) Your's could be banned just as fast.

It's always worth saving ur KV (they're in very limited supply and in the future you may be able to do some very cool things that have nothing to do with MW2 or lobbys) Either way it's important to have Xbox Live blocked in ur settings as once it's banned (only takes an hour or 3) it will modify ur nand (not as big concern nowadays) and if it keeps trying to log on post fixing ur nand u r console will go on untrusted list and that will cause u issues with new games that have you on their list..(there's a workaround but it's a massive pain in the proverbial)

QUOTE(holyjewsus @ Jul 7 2010, 01:17 PM) View Post

Make sure when you do ur build you have nand checked, It will boot from nand, but without a drive of some description (with the actual app - fsd) and an accompaning .ini/and FSD to boot from it will default to NXE or worse.
It's always better to have a seperate .ini etc.. for each drive as dashlaunch doesn't like to traverse drives.

I've also noticed that dashlaunch DOESN't Mount UsbMU's properly like it claims to they just default to USB0 etc.. and having one plugged-in (even after boot) can stuff up ur .ini after the UsbMu gets mounted as a normal USB and enumerates the one ur trying to boot off. Doh'

Hope this helps/Dan

Edited by danthaman673, 22 July 2010 - 07:58 AM.

#222 xboxbman

xboxbman

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE(Haygar @ Jul 7 2010, 05:49 AM) View Post

I don't even know whether launch.xex/launch.ini is needed for the Kxam.patch to work, as long as dashlaunch itself has been built into your freeboot image and you have the patch at HDD1/Kxam.patch.
All port forward info is available here http://portforward.com/
Choose your equipment,skip the ad, and after that right at the bottom is the Kai Link setup info

Can anyone confirm this? I have freeboot .32 and dashlaunch installed (i think) but have not inserted the launch.xex into the nand. I built freeboot with freeboot toolbox and had the custom freeboot box checked, and when the dialogue box popped up about me selecting cutom freeboot, I put the patch from dsahlaunch into the patch folder.

I am not able to join any game with ping over 30, I can see them in the lobby list, but I get a "connecting to Host..." countdown and then an error, I assume from the high ping.

any help is appreciated.

#223 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:28 PM

I have never had any success without launch.xex flashed to the NAND, so I presume--without going back and looking at the documentation--that it is a requirement.

#224 soulwarrior

soulwarrior

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:53 PM

Directly from the dashlaunch readme:
at time of this writing, this is ONLY compatible with freeBOOT 0.03x
releases built with the included patch set which expects launch.xex
to be installed to system flash.

So yes launch.xex must be in the flash for dashlaunch to work, and yes the ping patch needs dashlaunch to be working properly in order to work correctly. It doesn't need the launch.ini though but you should have one anyway.

#225 xboxbman

xboxbman

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:24 PM

installing launch.xex and launch.ini did it. thanks gang

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users